Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

15 stone babies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Did anyone watch this? I found it all rather strange, but I thought the husband and wife setting up business together was quite cool. It's sweet when you find someone who doesn't mind your (rather large) quirks and actually gets involved. But the american couple I found rather creepy and sinister, he was obviously a bit of a control freak.

Link below.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-15-stone-babies/4od
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for the link - just watching it.

I didn't see it but saw the comments on Twitter about it.
    I can understand wanting to regress to a simpler life, but if that's what you want why not simply bugger off abroad and become a Cabana boy on a beach like Kunu in Forgetting Sarah Marshall?
    Kunu :heart: .. 'No that's not right.. do less!! Okay now you're doing nothing at all'.

I'll probably watch it over the weekend, I watched the adverts for it and my first impressions are that it's a pretty skewed psychological response to the pressures of adulthood which surprised me because usually I'm pretty open-minded. Maybe my opinion will change after watching it.
    I still think it's pretty messed up, I can understand wanting to go back to a simpler life but I don't see why you have to wear nappies and dress in baby clothes to do that...I mean who remembers being a baby? And why do you want to mess yourself in a nappy for someone to change - that would be one of my worst nightmares.
    I think we have to remember that there are some things in this world that can be considered by many too be a little weird, it's not harming me, so as weird as I find it, let the, crack on I say.
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I think we have to remember that there are some things in this world that can be considered by many too be a little weird, it's not harming me, so as weird as I find it, let the, crack on I say.

this.

if its all consenting adults, then idgaf.
    not my bag, but good luck to em.
    I watched it last night. Agree that it's all harmless enough and each to their own but that Justin was a bit sinister.....
    I watched some of it but fell asleep. Need to watch it all the way through.
    i have no plans to watch it. Its likely to be sensationalist
    I watched it last night. Agree that it's all harmless enough and each to their own but that Justin was a bit sinister.....

I personally enjoyed their little tiff at the end through the camera. He seemed like a bit of a control freak, wanting her to act younger and getting the hump on when she threw a party.
    I watched this, I thought it was slightly different to what I'm used to in my life but nobody is really the same as each other we are ALL different some might take it to the next level but its okay. Its just some adults getting on with their lives as whats normal to them they want to go back to being an Adult fine by me I don't think theres anything bad about that.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I personally enjoyed their little tiff at the end through the camera. He seemed like a bit of a control freak, wanting her to act younger and getting the hump on when she threw a party.

yeah and their relationship when she was dressed up seemed a lot more sexual.
    well yeah, im sure they both get something out of it
    Just watching this. Got to the first ad break. It's different. Each to their own I suppose, but yeah Justin is a bit creepy.
    All I can think of when hearing about this programme are the number of people happy to wear Onesies in public. Just baby-gro for adults IMHO.