Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Embedded videos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Heya

I'm using chrome on mobile devices ipad/iphone, and embedded videos don't seem to show up. I understand that it may be hard to get this fixed, but could it maybe say "video embedded not shown" or something, because atm I'm not even realizing that there is meant to be a video there's just nothing....

I hope that makes sense.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is this embedded videos that show up on a computer, but not on your device? I ask because there is an issue where people try to embed youtube videos with an https:// link rather than just http:// (or at least used to be the case)

However if there is a video there that you know about, its interesting that it isnt showing up. To be honest I had never really used chrome all that much, and I tried it the other day and didnt like it at all. For my devices and desktop I tend to stick with opera or mozilla if i have to.
    Like on the self-harm guidelines there was a video at the top and I only realised because someone mentioned it in a later post.
    I have the same problem, I always use my iPhone to read the boards and it doesn't show videos. I used to think people were making blank posts but I get it now.
    Heya

I'm using chrome on mobile devices ipad/iphone, and embedded videos don't seem to show up. I understand that it may be hard to get this fixed, but could it maybe say "video embedded not shown" or something, because atm I'm not even realizing that there is meant to be a video there's just nothing....

I hope that makes sense.

:yes: I have been wondering the same thing.