Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Overdrawn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For no good reason, the bank has taken 32 euros from my account and now I'm overdrawn. I'm really freaked out, I've never been overdrawn before (I'm obsessively 'good' with money). I'm obviously going to speak to them tomorrow, but this has made me so panicky :( Why would they take that money from me?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey, are you sure you haven't taken it out for something and forgotten about it? If it is the bank that have done it and you generally have no idea why them I'm sure when you phone them they will realise they have made a mistake and return it. I wouldn't worry to much, just phone them when you can and it will probably be sorted :)
    Completely. I checked my statement and it said it was the bank that took it. I'm more freaked out about the overdrawn ness than the actual money though.
    Hmm it is a bit wierd that they would take money. Guess you will just have to call them, it was probably a mistake though. Let me know the outcome once you have spoke? Good luck.
    call and shout at them
    I've been overdrawn most of the month, only by a bit but with Christmas and unexpected car repairs everytime I'm in the black, it can be tough.
    I'm not sure I've been out of my overdraft for longer than just pay day for going on 2 or 3 years... It's sorting out now, I got a better job, and closer to home, and my girlfriend supports herself now (as opposed to my ex (she wasn't lazy, it just happened that way)) so yeah.
    Think it's sorted. Apparently the money they took out was the fee that I need to pay for the bank account. They were supposed to be taking it out monthly but instead took it out all in one go, which is fucking annoying seeing as now I have no money whatsoever, and I need to buy xmas presents. Oh well, I get paid on Monday so I'll be able to clear all this overdraft shenanigans then.