Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I need someone to talk to

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A while me and my boyfriend broke up but we carried on seeing each other for months after. Now we have fallen out completely. I was upset and hurt by something he said on the phone and I went to talk to him and because of this he started to hate me.

He ignored me for 3 months and about week ago we started talking loads and became good friends again and then we went out Saturday night. We were getting on great until he went and got with his ex (the girl he was with before me) right in front of me. I got upset about this and he went home with her.

On the Sunday I apologised to him and said I was sorry for getting upset but now he is ignoring me completely and I can't cope. I have cried non stop since. He was my best friend and I love him completely. His brother texted me today saying that I need to back off etc. because I kept texting him as I hate being ignored. I know I should of left him but I was so upset and wanted to speak to him. I apologised to him about texting him loads and I apologised to his brother as he said it was having negative affects on more then just me and him. He told me not to let it happen again. All I wanted was an explanation but I never got one.

I really want his friendship back. I don't have many true friends and cant talk to them as all my friends are friends with him and my home life isn't great so can't talk to my mum or brother. He was the best thing in my life. I really don't know what to do. Please someone help me. I have truly fucked up and want him back in my life.

Xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He could be worried about having a friendship with you if you still have such strong feelings for him. He might well have backed off because he couldn't handle being friends with someone when it might have led you to believe wrongly that there was something more.

I think that if you really do want him in your life as a friend, you have to learn to understand that things may well have changed and things are not the same any more. Though I do sympathise with you as he hasn't exactly handled matters in a terribly nice way. Although I must say that if you hadn't talked for ages and then went out, although his actions were a little disrespectful, you two might have got on really well as he thought you were both good friends, but nothing more.
    *hug* I went through a similar situation with an ex a few years back, it's really tough when most of your friends are mutual friends with an ex. G-Raffe's post sums up similar to what I was thinking when I read your OP. Keep venting on here if it helps and I'm happy to chat with you via pm any time if you need someone to listen.
    I've been through similar situations... my current boyfriend in fact goes through spells of ignoring me completely. It is awful, but I've learnt from experience that the more you text and try to contact them, the more angry and determined to ignore you they get.

It's probably best to leave him alone for a while, he obviously needs space from the friendship, and to be honest you need space too. You're having a hard time, you need to take a step back and let yourself breathe, the relationships changed and that is really difficult to deal with.

Stay strong, and remember this probably wont be the end of your love life. I know it feels awful now, but my mum always says to me "very few people end up alone forever." And she's right. One day you'll find someone perfect, but unfortunately it doesn't sound like it's him. *hug*
    Thankyou everyone for your replies. I'm trying not to talk to him anymore as it will make things worse. I don't know what he has told his parents and brother but I'm scared his had turned it round on me.

I'm hoping over time we can sort it because I love him being in my life. I'm trying to stay strong atm but not doing very well. I don't understand what goes through boys head. Ignoring is probably the worst thing someone can do.

I really appreciate all of your replies xx
    He has put on twitter 'national text your ex day: na you're alright' he winds me up so much. X
    Krcoom wrote: »
    He has put on twitter 'national text your ex day: na you're alright' he winds me up so much. X

Why are you following him?
    He has blocked me on there. My friend retweeted it and I saw it x
    stalker type?

how about back the hell off.
    if he blocked you, he is not interested.

sending way to many texts when he told u to -Not.
    should of been enough.
    1-2 texts are enough to get any point across.

more, will only make people hate u and fear u.
    with good reason.

back off him. it's done, he seems to hate u.
    Hi Kittyhugs

Firstly, welcome to TheSite - I see you're new here and I hope you like it :)

I just wanted to respond to your last post for two reasons. Firstly, this is a reasonably old thread, which has been inactive for quite a while. We don't generally encourage bringing up old threads as things have usually moved on a lot since then.

I can understand your reasons for responding with this advice, but try to think about the original poster's feelings when you make a reply - your words have the power to hurt people, especially suggesting that other people could hate them.

I can see you've made some other very supportive replies in other threads, so I'm sure you didn't mean to offend or upset, but please take a look at our good manners guide to get an idea of the way we like these boards to run.

I am truly sorry

I tend to overact at times on personal issues.
    will be more careful and control myself.

I apologize.
    kittyhugs wrote: »
    how about back the hell off.
    if he blocked you, he is not interested.

sending way to many texts when he told u to -Not.
    should of been enough.
    1-2 texts are enough to get any point across.

more, will only make people hate u and fear u.
    with good reason.

back off him. it's done, he seems to hate u.

Lovely. Thanks. Could of put it across a nicer way. Anyway don't try talking to him anymore.
This discussion has been closed.