Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Suggestions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hey,

I have a suggestion, I don't know if its possible or not:

1. Can it be made possible for members to tag other member when they post about them so, its easier for other members to know if there's something mentioned about them.
2. Plz we need more emoticons for chat.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The tag version is interesting, however if it took them too much effort and time to implement (not even sure if possible within vbulletin or not), then there is always the search option. However that would require people using correctly spelt usernames, though the same would be said if they had tagging as well anyway.
    Well, I guess tagging would save up time and it'll be easier for members to mention other members in conversational aspect on boards and make it interesting.
    Or, say we wanna do group tagging thing or something like that for a particular post.
    I've got this idea from fb, though technically how much of its possible I dunno. :)
    I guess you can already "tag" in a sense anyway, and use the search function to look for posts containing exactly "*simba*" for example. However, it would be interesting to see what the mods thought of it.
    I'm not sure I'd like to be tagged in posts :/
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    vbulletin does actually have a modification for this option, so it's probably something we could look into...

B-A - if we did install something we'd make sure it's got optional settings so if you were uncomfortable about it, you wouldn't be forced to use it/be tagged if you didn't want to be. :)
    I'm not sure why but I just feel like it could lead to problems... Although I'm sure it'll have it's plus sides :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I don't see the point in Tagging people in posts :/ - It's pointless, and that's for Facebook, not for here DX But I'm open up to the idea, as long as I don't have the option to be tagged!
    I don't see how it would work..tbh, and I doubt many people would bother to use it....

Just saying..;)
    What about including tags for topics or themes? I know you can search but i always find theres about a million threads with barely any relevance to what im looking for.
    I think tags exist on the main post-a-thread bit, it's just that no one uses them! I suppose in theory you can tag anything with anything, so you could tag people that way (in an less specific way than a-la-Facebook).