Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

No Self Esteem Teen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, I'm Russian Roulette :)

I'm female and a young woman/teen with a sexual/self esteem problem...
At my age it's completely normal to have sex and enjoy doing it, but the problem is that I'm way too shy. Every person has things they dislike about their body and i am no different... I'm rather happy with the way I look, I don't mind bikinis or swimsuits. But i do find it uncomfortable when I'm completely naked. "/
For me, sex relaxes me and so I loose control of all my walls and senses and that leaves me in a very vulnerable place which I don't like. And to add physical vulnerability to that makes me very nervous.

I don't think there is much anyone can do, but any advice would be really helpfull.

Comments

• ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Do you think if you could find other ways to relax it might not be such an issue? Have you tried any relaxation methods? For example, when I had a panic attack I used the breathing technique my counselor taught me. She said to use it to calm and relax myself whenever I was upset or angry.
    Or how about building your esteem when it comes to your naked body? Do you think that might help?

Nice to meet you, Reena. xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Reena, thank you for replying.
    I do use other relaxation techniques, i've done meditation for years and ballet. I would like to build my self esteem, i just don't know how to do it xx
    Do you live in the UK? You're a teen right?
    Then I might have some info that could be helpful to you.
    At the careers center when I was 17, they put me on a paid course. I couldn't go through with it, I could only manage the induction hour, then I quit. I told them about my lack of confidence, about being shy and scared around strangers, and they told me about a part of the course that I could benefit from. It was called, Breakthrough to Excellence. (Not sure if they still do it) They sent me on an unpaid, more detailed version of it, and covered all my travel costs. It was terrifying to begin with, but was so worth it. I gained a lot of self esteem and wouldn't be where I am today if I had said no.
    I would recommend it to anyone. Do you think something like this could help? xx
    Yhh, im from the UK and im 19. That sounds brilliant, i really think something like that would help. x
    Awesome xx *hug*
    Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect though. There will always be challenges and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more adept, more and more self-esteem and more and more successful.