Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hey!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My name's Ashir, and I'm 13 years old. My interests encompass several school subjects, specifically history, drama, English, science and maths, + (mostly theological) philosophy. Metal music is my life.
I have a few troubles in my life right now, including exam stress (doing my GCSE's early) and most importantly, problems with my parents, which have been so severe I got kicked out 2 weeks ago, being sent to live with my [biological] father in Leeds before I came back (only to complete my maths GCSE, and because my possessions were with my house in London), which is why I've joined, albeit the board's market audience being 16-25, because I believe my problems to be just as severe as what most people that age go through, and I think I'm rather mature for my age.
I also need to make a few essential decisions, like what I should become when I'm older, because I'll be picking my GCSE options soon. But all I need is a Plan B, because the ambition I'm going to shoot for is quite daring, which is being an author.
:wave:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welcome,

if you post in a little more detail in the other threads people might be able to give you detailed advice. Because they've been in similar situations themselves and like to offer their advice :)

Take a look around..we don't bite....much..;)
  • Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    Hello :wave:
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Hi Ashir :wave:
    You want to be an Author, me too! Of course it took me years to realize that because of the depression I suffered, it's great you know what you want to do at this age, what kind of writing are you interested in? xx
    Hi Ashir, and welcome!

I'm sure you will find these boards (and the other users) really helpful with some of the things you have mentioned. As Emmalee said, posting more specific threads in other boards is a good idea These are probably worth you checking out:

Student

Relationships

You're right that TheSite is officially for 16-25s, but that doesn't mean you can't use them - do keep posting, especially if you find it helps. But it might be worth checking out some other places that are aimed at your age group too - Childline has a busy community that you could try: http://www.childline.org.uk/Talk/Boards/Pages/Messageboards.aspx

Welcome again, and hope to see you around here a bit more in future!
    Spanner
    Emmalee wrote: »
    Welcome,

if you post in a little more detail in the other threads people might be able to give you detailed advice. Because they've been in similar situations themselves and like to offer their advice :)

Take a look around..we don't bite....much..;)

Thanks!
    Yeah, planning on doing that soon on another subforum.
    Reena wrote: »
    Hi Ashir :wave:
    You want to be an Author, me too! Of course it took me years to realize that because of the depression I suffered, it's great you know what you want to do at this age, what kind of writing are you interested in? xx

Hi!
    I'm into most things actually. Mainly fantasy [warfare] such as David Gemmell's, but The Analyst by John Katzenbach ranks in my top 3 books and it was a thriller/mystery, and I enjoy nonfiction such as The Crusades by Thomas Asbridge, so I think I may just like about everything :D
    welcome to the boards :wave:
    spanner wrote: »
    Hi Ashir, and welcome!

I'm sure you will find these boards (and the other users) really helpful with some of the things you have mentioned. As Emmalee said, posting more specific threads in other boards is a good idea These are probably worth you checking out:

Student

Relationships

You're right that TheSite is officially for 16-25s, but that doesn't mean you can't use them - do keep posting, especially if you find it helps. But it might be worth checking out some other places that are aimed at your age group too - Childline has a busy community that you could try: http://www.childline.org.uk/Talk/Boards/Pages/Messageboards.aspx

Welcome again, and hope to see you around here a bit more in future!
    Spanner

Thanks for all the advice! I tried the ChildLine boards but it's quite chaotic and their problems aren't very similar to mine.
    And a warm 'hey!' to everyone else!
    Ashir wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm into most things actually. Mainly fantasy [warfare] such as David Gemmell's, but The Analyst by John Katzenbach ranks in my top 3 books and it was a thriller/mystery, and I enjoy nonfiction such as The Crusades by Thomas Asbridge, so I think I may just like about everything :D

I like a mix of stuff too. I mainly think up fantasy stories, but I have thought of thrillers and horrors too. xx
    Yeah, my jottings contain elements of thrillers and horrors. Can I ask for some writing tips you may have please? Always looking for advice :D
    Ashir wrote: »
    Yeah, my jottings contain elements of thrillers and horrors. Can I ask for some writing tips you may have please? Always looking for advice :D

No prob hun, I just put some in the "creative" thread. Hope it helps. xx
    Welcome Ashir:wave: