Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A war with sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm exhausteeddd

So I last went to sleep at..3am on tuesday morning till 6am. Sad times...I can't even go to sleep im exhausted to the point I have no energy and my eyes keep wanting to close..but even if I let them...they're closed about..2 minutes or so then Im wide awake again....

Decided sleep sucks..I have to be up at 6am everyday even on weekends but i usually never go to sleep till around 4am...I think this is one of the reasons my moods have been so shit latley...I've just given up....baa..meeh..moo?

So I've had a fight with sleep and sleeps won..*puts down boxing gloves* My bodys not functioning anymoreee

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When do you go to bed?
    Well...I get into mine at abought...11;40pm...then I get a drink and stuff...So about 12 I get into bed...
    Why so late?
    Also, what do you do in bed? Are you using your computer or phone? Do you read or eat?
    because I'm usually at my parents house till like 11pm caring for dad
    I have the tele on because i can't be in a quite room it scares me..
    I have my phone on too...I don't eat
    Can you turn off the tv and change it to some soothing music? Do you think that perhaps when you get in you can put your phone to one side and not use it in bed?

Part of sleeping well is associating your body with what bed is for, that is to say, sleep and sex. When you go to bed, put aside the things that stimulate your mind to activity. Avoid caffeine and stick to a routine. If you wake up in the night, give yourself 15 mins, if you can't sleep, get up do something quiet and boring (crosswords for example) for a half hour, then go back to bed in the same way you do at bedtime. Stay away from tv/computer/phone.

Ritual, routine, calm, peaceful.
    Even if I put on 'calming music' I don't think personally it would work, because. I live in a place with 12 other really loud and shouty people who love blasting music out till 5am so I have my tele on to get rid of their sound. I have tried music though and it doesn't work quite the same.

I only have my phone on me till around..12:30 anyways then it falls on the floor