Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Which phone - upgrade time.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So it is upgrade time. I have had the HTC Desire HD for a long time, beautiful phone and works well for me.

So what do I want to get now? I prefer Android, will not use IOS (not a fan)

My choices so far are

HTC One XL
Samsung Note II LTE

Not sure which one to go for so some opinions would be great. anyone using either/or or any other suggestions.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the note is supposed to be great.
    I have the samsung s2 which is great. How about the s3?
    Personally I'd go for the samsung galaxy sIII
    I have a Huawei Blaze... it's quite good actually, just no one's ever heard of them. Cheap too.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-Blaze-U8510-Mobile-Phone/dp/B006U98G5Q
    Thanks BA. I'm on contract so price isn't an issue. Thinking galaxy S III but they do not offer it on my current contract, only S II or Note II.
    Can you put it off? with 4G around the corner this might not be the best time.
    Can you put it off? with 4G around the corner this might not be the best time.

I was going to do this but my area does not have coverage and I do not intend to go 4G (I rarely use HSDPA)

Also my current phone got damaged :/
    Okay, it is down to the following.

Samsung Note II LTE (£280 extra)
    HTC One XL (£200 extra)
    Samsung Galaxy S II (low on the list) (£150 extra)

Unfortunately the S III is not available on my contract and I do not want to up my price plan (no need for it, got a good deal for what I use)
    Might be worth waiting for one of these http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20526577 :p
    I know it's not on your list and also a bit cheap (!) but I love my Samsung Galaxy Mini. Great phone for the price! I'd recommend my Samsung
    I know it's not on your list and also a bit cheap (!) but I love my Samsung Galaxy Mini. Great phone for the price! I'd recommend my Samsung

Wifey has the Galaxy Ace (Ace Mini maybe) yeah, It is a toss up between HTC/Samsung tbh, both are fantastic manufacturer unlike a certain one I refuse to even name :-p
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Wifey has the Galaxy Ace (Ace Mini maybe) yeah, It is a toss up between HTC/Samsung tbh, both are fantastic manufacturer unlike a certain one I refuse to even name :-p

The S2 is an awesome phone. I still love mine after nearly 18 months and that's rare for me. Only issues I've had are that it occasionally restarts itself when I'm trying to do too much with it/it gets hot (certain games do this - usually the ones that drain the battery) and that I've noticed recently that the letters from my keyboard are starting to burn into the screen - barely noticeable unless you're really looking for it and I use this thing a LOT so also not totally surprising.

Battery lasts a good amount of time unless you're using it constantly for battery eating apps, but you quickly work out which those are and it tends to be games. If I'm barely using it (by my standards!) the battery is generally still at around 75% by the end of the day.
    I like the Sony Xperia range, I think they look a bit nicer.
    Thanks for the suggestions,

I went past the EE store in Braintree and popped in, spoke to the guy and he originally tried to get me the HTC One S for free for me (my contract is only £17 per month so I do not get much of a discount normally) but the best he could do was £99.00 (£120 online)

I narrowed it down to the HTC One XL (£129 extra) or the Samsung Galaxy S III (£129 extra) so already cheaper than renewing via their website,

Ended up with the HTC one XL and loving it, Basically the same as the Samsung excepts runs the HTC Sense UI instead of Samsung's built in UI, specs are the same, same processors, memory, space so was down to my personal preference for HTC, loving the phone and performances beautifully and on comparison with the S III it runs at the same level,
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't like htc sense, too limited. I used to use Go launcher ex, until some strange permissions made me suspicious and now I use ADW.
    I don't like htc sense, too limited. I used to use Go launcher ex, until some strange permissions made me suspicious and now I use ADW.

ADW is much nicer :) And anything "GO" is like shareware, bloats your phone with crap filled adverts and such.