Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Your space

louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
To some people there "sanctuary" is a comfy old chair or sofa, everyone can be in the same room but its still there sanctuary. for me its so much more, its a place to run too, a place to hide and a place just for me. when i go to my special sanctuary no one can disturb me and i can let my problems melt away, not literally of course but for 20 mins i can put them in a box and be myself. I can do whatever i want,go on my ipod,sing,do a silly dance and quite often cry because like i said its a place to run to when things get bad. my sanctuary is quiet , to look at its not much, its a brick wall next to a dirty path with leaves on, but if it was not there i would struggle to hold it together. No one has found me and not many people will. This is where i feel safest in my school as i am not exposed to anyone and no one can judge me when they cant see me.I go there lots and it has helped me so much

My special sanctuary means so much more, whats your secret sanctuary?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like to unbutton my duvet and hide inside it if that counts?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Walking my dog in the forest.
    Weekender Offender 
    My sewing room.

Technically it's our spare room, and is also occupied by an inordinate amount of crap, but I can just shut the door, zone out and create. That's how I get my chill on.
    i dont have such a space. Well, my whole house is when theres noone else here, but apart from that, they all manage to disturb me wherever i am
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Not so much a space, but a person. My 4 year old niece. She is always my escape. :) She never fails to make me smile.
    Right now I don't really have one - I have someone with me 24/7 looking after me, or in the house so it's difficult. But it the past it has been my bedroom, with some incense lit, chilled out music and a good book or just some headspace. I might see if I can make a little meditation corner in my new flat.
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    aww thats sweet about your niece.
    Anywhere I can sit with my e-reader and a cuppa. But mainly my bed, I love it.
    at my old school there was this place called snakes' pit, it was really just a space next to an electricity block thing that led into a filthy alley, but i loved it. i used to go there at night when i wanted to be alone, or i'd sit there for hours with my best friend drinking tea and getting stoned. went back once after i left school and it was really weird, and didn't feel like it belonged to me any more.
    Any place with cup of coffee. My pen and diary to write in :)
    Used to be a spot here:

http://goo.gl/maps/y7mlW

Recently, nowhere really.
    Either chilling in bed or my car!
    Before caring for dad got really demanding i used to lock myself in the bathroom at my parents house and lay on the floor on my laptop for around four hours...with music on it helped me, People thought I'd drowned..