Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

And Just Like That

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah true...Oh well...guess its not that important. Will just have to learn to be better at hiding it again!
    No, we shouldn't be hiding these types of things. They are every bit as valid as a cold or cancer or disability. It's not about hiding it - it's about having the strength to educate others on it, which I'll admit is inherently difficult when you barely have the emotional strength to be awake.
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    it's about having the strength to educate others on it, which I'll admit is inherently difficult when you barely have the emotional strength to be awake.

:yes: And the fact that people can only ever sympathise - it doesn't matter how many times I explain something, they will never truly understand until it happens to them. I know that I am exactly the same in situations I have never encountered; however, as a result of this, I trust what the other person tells me and empathise with aspects of their situation where I can, because if I've learnt anything, its to at least try. I just wish other people were the same with my situation.
    Ah sweetheart - and this is where you actually come across one of the few positives of having gone through what we've experienced. It makes you so much more empathetic and aware of your own feelings and how others may be feeling in a situation. A lot of people fall down on their people skills.

This made me giggle: If Physics has taught me one thing, it is that light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
    This made me giggle: If Physics has taught me one thing, it is that light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright, until you hear them speak.

:lol: I love this...it made me laugh.

Your right and if there is one thing thats worse than not being empathetic, it's people who are empathetic to your face, then are the complete opposite behind your back!
    They're not particularly nice people then sweetie.
    Very true! I think I've found my initial counsellor's own practice...but its 30 miles away...hmm...
    That's not a terrible distance... and she seems to be worth it.
    Long way to go if it isn't her though...It's odd because a friend sent me a link and said this person sounds nice - Only now I've read it, it sounds exactly like her...typical that there is no picture when you want one!!
    why not get in touch and ask?
    why not get in touch and ask?

Yeah...I think it will just sound a bit odd...
    Why?
    I found out it is her through another website...now I just need to consider the cost implications of counselling itself and the 60 mile round trip...
    Just remember it's short term costs versus a huge long-term benefit. It really really is worth getting this sorted, I cannot stress that enough.
    I'm thinking of arranging sessions to start after Xmas and having them either every other week or one every three weeks. This was how the sessions ran at uni due to it being restricted service over the summer and they were more beneficial sessions than when they were weekly.
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    I'm thinking of arranging sessions to start after Xmas and having them either every other week or one every three weeks. This was how the sessions ran at uni due to it being restricted service over the summer and they were more beneficial sessions than when they were weekly.

I hope it all goes well for you, I'm sure it will. xx
    Thanks Hun :) xx