Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

(Accidental) cut inside vagina

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all,

This is a bit embarrassing :blush:

My boyfriend accidentally caught me inside my vagina with his fingernail the other day. There was quite a bit of blood, and it really hurts when I go for a wee now! It wasn't very deep and I could *probably* see it in a mirror but I don't really want to as I don't like myself...

What's the likelihood the cut will get infected? Or will it heal alright on it's own?

Thankies :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you keep it clean (carefully) then you should be ok and heal normally. Damaging your chuff during excitable sex is relatively common. Try not to use normal soaps on it, they can be a bit harsh, something like Femfresh is good to use to keep your ladygarden clean and happy. Obviously keep an eye on it, be gentle with it and if it starts hurting, you get odd discharge or it's just taking forever, go see your GP or visit the GUM Clinic.
    Thanks Fiend :) how long do you reckon it'll take to heal? Like a week or so?
    I scratched my chuff on the wipe line, so kept hitting it when I wiped after a wee and that's take a long time to heal, a few weeks really. But I've had little nicks inside (judging by spotting) and have barely noticed. So it's all about how bad it is.
    Thanks Fiend :) I'll leave it a few days and see what happens. I spoke to a girl friend about it, and they said because it was his finger nail it'll probably get all infected because of dirt under it etc?
    There's always a risk, keep an eye on it, like I said, and if it goes gross go to see a professional.
    I'd give it a clean with some salt water or maybe even savlon and then only use warm water. I've found some of those soaps designed for lovely lady gardens can do as much harm as good (I.e. strip away the natural oils which can lead to more risk of chafing and tears and stuff). But maybe that's just me.

I know you may not like it, but using a mirror to see down there is quite a liberating thing. It might actually help you like it all a bit more. Might be worth a try :)
    Miss Riot makes a good point. Getting to know your didcott-ladygrove (I'm loving finding euphemisms here), is actually quite a good idea. The better you know you're axe-wound, the better you can tell when it's healthy and when it needs to tlc. Obviously I'm a massive fan of gash, but it took me a while to be comfortable with my minge, as opposed to the growler attached to my bird.
    I have had cuts and tears and stuff down there before as we'll but they do heal so don't panic. Usually about a week or so
    Salt baths are good.
    I've been calling it hoohaa when out in public recently
    Thank you for all your replies! It doesn't sting when I wee any more so I think that's a good sign :) I'm glad to hear it's relatively normal, the boyfriend was very upset with himself.

Oh and just to add to the list of names... between my group of friend's we call it a vajayjay or a foofoo :p
    oh dear, your poor vertical bacon sandwich!!
    Itll probably heal on its own. Its not like you can put a plaster on it. Avoid sex for a few days maybe and then see how it feels.
    And tell him to cut his bloody nails before going anywhere near your bald man in a boat again!
    I have given birth 3 times, and it does graze the ol' sausage wallet a bit, but midwives usually just advise using a shower head to rinse your growler after a wee if necessary, but mostly its self healing
    Ah totally forgot about this thread! Thought I'd let you know it healed up no problem, thank you all for your advice :)