Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

In a bad place

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This morning, I was in town with a friend and all the way through I felt depressed and lost concentration most of the time. I felt so lost, I can control my emotions about this girl and the pressure I'm getting on not being able to find anyone, or even making new friends.

Then when I got home, I was in my room and my Mum told me to do something and I acted like I was stressed out followed by her shouting at me for responding to her the wrong way. I knew I shouldn't have responded badly but I felt tired and my mind was all over the place.

I feel so awful because I think I'm having a quarter life crisis. Nothing has been going right, and I've had all my confidence deteriorated for a very long time. I just don't see there being a way forward because I know I'll do something to b***s it up.

I know I've been told to stay strong and I'm trying really hard, but it just feels that this girl has taken control of my mind.

Fun weekend. :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Wavy..

Sorry to hear about how you are feeling. Don't let people pressurize you into dating somebody, it will happen when it happens.. I know its hard to ignore what people are saying to you, and putting you under the pressure. With regards to making new friends? Is there anything you could do, around your interests, groups/volunteering? It could really help you stay motivated too, and help your confidence! I am currently in the process of starting to volunteer and so far from the chats I have had with the volunteering coordinator, I can't wait to start.

With regards to how you responded to your mum, I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Your mum cares about you, and she will understand. Could you talk to her about how you are feeling?

It's sometimes hard to see the way out of things when you feel so down, and feel like nothing is going right.. Could you maybe try and write down a list of at least 5 good things in your life? I know your probably thinking, well that is hard? but the truth is, when you think properly about it, you will find good things in your life, even if you can't see it at the time. (hope that makes sense)

Sorry for the questions in there, just some things you could think about if you wanted too :)

Take care of yourself x
    Hi Claire

After I posted this, I did text the girl as she was doing a craft stall today and I said to her that it looked great when she posted it on Facebook. And she replied saying thank you and asked if I was ok. Though again, I responded back saying I was working and asked her the same, no reply. She does this for some reason that she texts and then she doesn't....selectively.

I am going to a networking event on Tuesday evening regarding my art so I'm looking forward to that. At least I'll be talking to people and they may be like-minded.

I would love to talk to my mum about all of this but it's just finding the right time and having a bit of courage to do it. Not sure if she'd judge me or not.

I think if I was to write 5 good things in my life, I would probably think of my family, my home, my belongings (such as iphone, laptop, etc), music and going to a number of gigs in my life.
    It sounds like the girl and you both need to decide on what you want and be totally honest with each other.

That sounds ace. I am sure you will enjoy that and get to talk and meet people at the same time! if you want you could let me know how it goes, or post a thread on here :) will be awesome to see how it goes for you!

Yeah I can fully understand how you feel with regards to talking to your mum. I feel the same a lot of the time.
    She cares about you and will only want whats best for you :)

See..? it's good you have 5 things that are good in your life. :D
    I think you're right there, I haven't physically spoken to her in about a month. I wish I went to this craft fair today but the weather was horrendous and I had no transport. I really want to just tell her how I feel but it's just trying to actually meet her again. This really could go on forever. Lol.

I think on Wednesday's chat, I will talk about the event and let you guys know how I get on. It does sound like a great opportunity socially and work-wise. I feel that the more I go out, the better. I hate being couped up in my room all the time.
    Awww bless you.. Well I hope things work out for you in the end. You deserve to be happy.

Oh cool.. Can't wait to hear about it all :)
    Hey Wavy,
    Wassap? Why so low, dude? I thought you were gonna get your new pics. clicked and work on your online dating profile and go shopping and talk to your mum.
    There are so many things lined up for you to do. Why do you worry? It takes a little time sometimes but, things eventually become better and they'll be fine.
    You don't have to pressurize yourself regarding anything at all.
    I've heard of this awesome saying that, " Never go looking for love, it finds its own way."
    So, it'll happen you got to be patient, meanwhile work on the other things that you wanted to do in first place.
    I really don't know. I just have up and down emotions constantly. Maybe I've been looking for far too long and I seem to have doubts. I really want to be patient but I just feel I need to take action.
    Wavy wrote: »
    I really don't know. I just have up and down emotions constantly. Maybe I've been looking for far too long and I seem to have doubts. I really want to be patient but I just feel I need to take action.

How about starting with getting your pics clicked, updating your profile and talking to your mum. Probably, that'll give you new perspective and you can start from there. :)
    That does sound like a plan. Just needed a bit of support and I really appreciate you guys helping me out.

Hope you guys are having a good weekend.
    For some reason that uploaded twice.
    Glad we could help Wavy. :)

Here if you ever need a chat? :D