Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Time for this mod to hang up his admin hat...

patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
So I guess I really have to come out of denial and finally admit that today is my last day at TheSite Towers. It's not easy to accept that my time is up. But I guess it sneaks up on you quicker than you think.

I've been kicking around TheSite community, mostly in the background, since that day Jim V signed me up almost eight years ago. Over those years, I've learnt so much from so many people on here who've bravely shared about their lives and spoken up about what they've experienced. It's never easy to speak up, but those who have have helped make TheSite community what it is and achieve as much as it has.

Reading through the threads day to day, reflecting back over the years this morning, it feels like a privilege to have been able to share this journey with you.

Some might remember that when I first came on here I was El Gringo because I'd just come back from working in Guatemala where everyone called me Gringo. Now, I'm going to go back to Guatemala and gringo-dom with my family.

I wish you all the best for the future. Take care,

Patrick :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I will now perform the ritual internet mourning.

you n00b lolz, u waz nvr rly as l33t as jimVEEEEEEEE, but it will sux0r tp have you gone. RLY, ORLY, NOWAI!!11""!1!"!!!one"
    :crying:
    You're not aloud to go :no:

It's been lovely having you around, Patrick, really has!
    Thank you for being smurfing awesome ;)

I wish you all the best in everything and take care of yourself!! Will miss you!! :(
    I think the farewell certificate **Angel** did says it all.

All the best, Patrick :)

:wave:
    Sad to see you go, its been lovely having you modding in chat recently. All the best for the future :)

Nina xx
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm saddened to hear you are leaving Patrick, but you honestly won't be forgiven, I won't ever forget the remarks I made about your slow typing, and I just want you to think about Llamacorns every now and then, and associate it with me :D I'm saddened to hear you leave, even though you have spent 8 Years mostly lingering on TheSite background, but it's been good to have you during chat sessions, and it's been positive to be able to annoy you ;) If we haven't forgotten JimV, we mostly definitely won't forget you!

Also, this might be worth Printing off ;)

tumblr_mdliz7w3Vl1ruo7zzo1_1280.png

I think I am really going to miss you, but I wish you all the best of luck with your up coming future :) You best had mod one last chat before you leave ;) It's a MUST. :P
    All the best with your move!
    Best of luck in the future Patrick.. We will all miss you...
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Best of luck for the future!
    Hey Patrick,

We'll all miss you a lot. Thank you so much for your kind words and support. You've been an amazing mod and always giving great advices.
    Wish you good luck for future and all your endeavors. :)
    Thank you Patrick for everything, wishing you the best for the future.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's been nice to have you around :)
    I wish you the best.
    Of all the places we have to lose you to, Guatamala is a pretty good one!

¡Buenas suerte por tu y tus familia! No te olvidamos (my grammar is awful these days!)
    Can you send me some coffee beans back to the UK? ;)
    Adios amigo! :D

Good luck with el future!!
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Sorry to see you go, :crying: good luck. :wave: xx
    All the best Patrick
  • patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
    Hi there all,

Just wanted to say a quick thank you all for all your kind words, certificates (brilliant!) and thoughts (especially in Spanish and English!). They mean a helluva lot.

In terms of bringing coffee back - always thought could start importing Guatemalan coffee (it's the best) and then may be export proper tea over there (they haven't discovered delights of the good olde British cuppa :-)). It's a win win... may be appearing on Dragons Den soon.

Take care everyone!

All the best - over and out, Patrick :thumb: