Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blood Test Results

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hai yous,

So, I plucked the confidence to go to the doctors, whilst on skype to keep me calm. She took my bloods, and omgosh, she was lovely :P I got to hold a teddy woooo! ;)

She told me if they're not normal, I'd get a phone call to bring me back in.. but if they are normal, I won't get a phone call....

So, I've been thinking, if they're normal, and I don't get a phone call, I'm stuffed. I've chatted to b-eat, Jane, and others and they can't really suggest anything else, except go back to the GP, which, isn't really an option seeing as I tried that before and she said she'd just tell Becki *sigh*

I'm just waiting for the phone call, IF I even get one - although I don't know how blood test results take to get back anyways....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depending on your area, results normally take about 4 days. If you don't get a call, you can always ring up to check them :)
    I would ring up, but they said if I hear nothing to presume they're fine :/
    Yeah, that's normally the way. It's just that checking them yourself can be useful if it's something you're really anxious about, and you don't know whether no contact means there's nothing wrong, or that they haven't got them back yet.
    I always phone up 3/4 days after the blood test to get my results. They honestly don't mind you phoning, the receptionist can read them to you so you don't have to book another doctors appointment or anything :)
    Ah okay, will wait till next week then, would have left it a whole week...
    So I failed the blood tests. *Sigh*
    They want me to pick up my results and go to the hospital...

Uhm yeah, I'm off to hibernate. K. Bye.
    So I failed the blood tests. *Sigh*

That's very negative language! Some tests came back positive, you might need a bit of treatment, you didn't 'fail' anything. It's not your fault; and if some of this accounts for your tiredness and low mood it might even turn out to be a good thing.
    It really is my fault, I can't blame anyone but myself... I was the stupid one :/ Ah well, friend's coming doctors with me tomorrow to pick up the results...