Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

termination

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm five weeks pregnant and i don't wanna have a baby. My partner is fully blind and has epelepcy and is very much like a child himself... He has no inderpendace skills atall he can't cook, clean, mandge money, go out on his own. He has no contact with any of his family either. We live with my mum, dad, sister and her five month old daughter. We don't have a close family network. If i have the baby i'll also be looking after my boyfriend aswell as a newborn. I don't think i could do it... i'm terrified because i do want children in the future when were more settled. i'm just scared if i'm unable to have kids again if i go ahead with it. i would really appritiate any advice. thank you

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi custard :wave:

Sorry to hear you are having to deal with this and not knowing of what to do and how to deal with it but you have made the first step by asking for help and advice *hug*

Have you been to see your G.P yet? If you have a local Brook Advisory Centre, it may help visiting them to get some advice.

We have useful information here on thesite, here is a link which you can look at http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/safersex/unplannedpregnancy. I hope this will be a help to you.

I know you said you and your family are not a close network but have you told your mum or feel comfortable enough to do so? Do you have friends who you can talk to about this?

We are here to help so please keep us posted with how you are :heart:

purple_rain
    you need to speak to your GP as soon as possible to discuss your options. Youre well within the time limit to have an abortion, but you need to speak to your gp to get the ball rolling if thats what you want.
    BPAS are brilliant when talking about options x
    BPAS are brilliant when talking about options x[/QUOTE=

thank you everyone. i can't get an appoitment till monday to see a GP. it'll take 3 weeks to to get the appoitment for the abortion, even the first appoiment is just a chat. bye the time that happens i'll be 10 weeks. i would have to have the surgery route. whats bpas? x
    BPAS are the british pregnancy advisory service. According to their website, the abortion pill can be used up to 23wks and 5days after conception. Though the process is different for before and after 9 weeks pregnant.

BPAS appear to be a private organisation, but 93% of their patients have their treatment covered by the NHS. The risks of an abortion from NHS Choices are layed out and are relatively low, I would highlight from their web-page
    Having an abortion will not usually affect your chances of becoming pregnant and having normal pregnancies in future.
    custard wrote: »
    BPAS are brilliant when talking about options x[/QUOTE=

thank you everyone. i can't get an appoitment till monday to see a GP. it'll take 3 weeks to to get the appoitment for the abortion, even the first appoiment is just a chat. bye the time that happens i'll be 10 weeks. i would have to have the surgery route. whats bpas? x

i think 2 or 3 weeks is about normal to get an appointment on the NHS, but it may be quicker. Thats why its good to get the ball rolling as soon as you can.
    I rang PAS and got a call on Monday with a nurse. So just got to wait till then.

thank you everyone for your support.