Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mood disorder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone tell me what symptoms you get when you have mood disorder??:confused:
my moods these days are really :confused: :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Pink-Girl

Sorry things have been a bit rough for you lately.

There are loads of different resources and information regarding low moods. They generally give information and advice around stress, anxiety and depression.

The NHS has a fantastic space on-line called "The Mood Zone".

It's a great place to start for some reliable information. It's really easy to navigate, links to national and local services and also coping mechanisms.

Try the link below.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/Pages/low-mood-stress-anxiety.aspx

Speaking to your doctor about how you've been feeling recently might put things into some context, and offer some reassurance or further guidance.

Check out that link and let me know what you think.

Phil :thumb:
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Best listen to phil on that one, I'm afraid I don't know. But if you want to talk about it pm me. ;) xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are different mood disorders and everyone's symptoms will differ between each other.
    I was diagnosed with bipolar and borderline personality disorder two years ago. My moods have been bizarre over the years. Anything from being euphoric, ecstatically happy and excited to furiously angry to lower than I ever thought possible. My husband says (not in a nasty way) that it can be like living with completely different people.
    I found Mind a brilliant source of information, it gives you an A-Z of mental health problems as well as people and places to contact for more information, support or if you're in crisis.
    Usually, your gp would be the first person to talk to about this if you have concerns. Unfortunately I didn't find mine was very helpful and after being referred to the mental health crisis team a number of times, having a zillion counsellors and different talking therapies I was eventually referred to a psychiatrist. I saw three different psychiatrists before coming away with a firm diagnosis. Part of the reason for it taking years to diagnose was I wasn't completely honest about how I felt, what went through my head, the severity of it and my behaviour. I was ashamed of myself and in denial to a certain extent. Once I was completely blunt it kind of became obvious what the problem was. Honesty to those involved in your care is extremely important to get to the bottom of things. Remembering that they're not there to judge you, they're there to listen and help. If you don't find someone helpful then you have every right to speak to someone else.
    Mood disorders can be extremely difficult to cope with and a good support network is so important, whether that be friends, family, professionals or forums like this, never be afraid to talk to people. You're not alone in the way you're feeling and there are people that can help.
    You're welcome to pm me if you want :)