Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Meow comedown

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone :wave:

I'm a bit stuck really. I've been sniffing since Monday afternoon, but it's got to the point now where I've had so much I'm scared to come down because it'll be so bad. I haven't really slept or eaten either which isn't great.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for a bad comedown, especially on meow? My comedowns are awful anyway, and I'm really worried about it!

Thanks

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey B-A,

It's totally understandable you're worried and feeling unable to break the cycle - not knowing what might be to come, or feeling like you might not be able to cope with it is a feeling that seems to grow the longer this carries on.

It sounds like you've managed this before and I have faith you can manage it again - it's a case of recognising that your body needs your attention and also deserves it. *hug*

Drugs support workers tend say that a good way to ease these symptoms is to treat it like the flu - get lots of rest, drink plenty of water, eat healthy, nutritious food, and most importantly avoid taking any more. It's common for people to take more to help them through the comedown. This is a really bad idea because it leads to a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs, working your body even harder, increasing the risks of problems going forward.

As most of us know, having the flu is really rotten, but in time it passes and so will this.

Keep us posted hun.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks Helen :) My plan is to come down tomorrow after school, I'm going to go and stay and my boyfriends and he said he'll look after me... I think I'll need most the weekend to recover as I'm going to be quite ill. I haven't been able to eat since Monday so I think I'm going to feel quite weak for a few days when I come down. You're right though, it'll pass, I just have to remember that!
    Little bits of easily digestible fooo d and lots of liquid.
    Water being best ... water with a little dash of lemon juice even better.
    Sleep.
    Lots of sleep.
    I used to be able to sleep through come downs.
    Sleep fixes many things and is a great escape from feeling shit.
    Thanks MR, I'm not doing so much at the moment so the comedowns aren't so bad. But yea, drinking more water is probably a good idea, I hardly drink any!