Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Autumn Internationals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Any other rugby fans out there?

Thoughts from this weekends matches?

I was pleasantly surprised by how well Scotland held up against the All Blacks. Yes they got beaten, but there was some beautiful rugby played from both sides.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I missed the matches. I've been banned from watching them so much in the past that I've got in the habit... Any highlights?
    Yeah - was impressed by Scotland. Not the fans though - some seriously bad sportsmanship there.
    The sportsmanship of the Scottish fans left a lot to be desired at times - although still well above the bar set by what is apparently normal behaviour of football fans.

As for highlights, I think I'd struggle to pick them out. There was some beautiful kicking by Dan Carter (both the kicks, and him) in the NZ-Scotland game, some very tidy trys by both sides and generally across the board some really good rugby. Didn't really see any of the repeatedly collapsing scrums turning into penalties which seemed to becoming standard in last years 6 nations.
    Haven't seen any yet. Might look the highlights up if I get over how shit the score was on Saturday :razz:
    You've got to watch a bit, to see how weird they look in purple if nothing else.