Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kevin Williams e-Petition Please Sign and Spread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As you may be ware, recently there was a full disclosure of documents regarding the Hillsborough disaster.

Anne Williams, the mother of one of the victims of the disaster has very sadly been diagnosed with terminal cancer. There is hope very much that her son Kevin's inquest can therefore be brought forward and am asking users who are either residents in Britain, or British but living abroad, to sign this e-petition.

E-Petition to bring Kevin's inquest forward: https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

British citizen or UK resident?

A British citizen living abroad can legally sign the petition. Also note--British citizen. Not English. So anyone subject to British rule can legally sign. OR Anyone living in the UK, citizen or not can also sign the petition legally.

PLEASE BRING FORWARD KEVIN WILLIAMS INQUEST
Responsible department: Attorney General's Office
Anne Williams has created the charity Hope For Hillsborough FOR JUSTICE 1131537 We would like to give her something back for all the hard work and motherly love she has displayed over these 23 years

This e-petition has received the following response: As this e-petition has received more than 10 000 signatures, the relevant Government department have provided the following response:

The Attorney General is deeply saddened to hear of Anne Williams' diagnosis.
He continues to give this matter priority and, as explained in his statement to the House of Commons on 16 October 2012, he is consulting the families on his application. He recognises the additional urgency this sad news brings to the process and will make his application as soon as he possibly can.
A summary of the Attorney's statement can be found on the AGO website at http://www.attorneygeneral.gov.uk/NewsCentre/Pages/AttorneyGeneraltoapplyforfreshinquestsforvictimsofHillsboroughDisaster.aspx
This e-petition remains open to signatures and will be considered for debate by the Backbench Business Committee should it pass the 100,000 signature threshold

Heartbreakingly, it's getting urgent. Anne's been moved into a hospice in Southport as per this article in the Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-last-word-mums-dying-wish-shames-chelsea-stance-8280529.html

She has tweeted this herself:

Anne Williams ‏@annewilliams96

PLEASE BRING FORWARD KEVIN WILLIAMS INQUEST - e-petitions http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925 please help I would luv to have my inquest before I die.

Please sign the petition.

Thank you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've quite happily signed it, but from the response the petition has already been given, I'm not sure what more can be done?
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I've quite happily signed it, but from the response the petition has already been given, I'm not sure what more can be done?

If it reaches 100,000 signatures, there can be a debate about it in the House of Commons. See the petition for the Hillsborough documents to be released and what's come to light regarding that over the last year.
    hazell wrote: »
    If it reaches 100,000 signatures, there can be a debate about it in the House of Commons. See the petition for the Hillsborough documents to be released and what's come to light regarding that over the last year.

Reaching 100k signatures means there could be a debate on this matter, not that there has to be. Also if there was a debate on the matter, I believe the House of Commons would implore the AG to take action on this matter. The exact action which he has already said he will do so?
    The Attorney General is deeply saddened to hear of Anne Williams' diagnosis.
    He continues to give this matter priority and, as explained in his statement to the House of Commons on 16 October 2012, he is consulting the families on his application. He recognises the additional urgency this sad news brings to the process and will make his application as soon as he possibly can.
    Reaching 100k signatures means there could be a debate on this matter, not that there has to be. Also if there was a debate on the matter, I believe the House of Commons would implore the AG to take action on this matter. The exact action which he has already said he will do so?

The more signatures added to the petition, the more likely it will be debated and the more likely the urgency of the application is taken into account.
    Don't worry I do support the cause, I'm just playing devils advocate a little. All I'm saying that, when it does get debated, they will realise the urgency of the situation and in my view what happens next is exactly what has already being stated to be done.
    Signed it :)
    Don't worry I do support the cause, I'm just playing devils advocate a little. All I'm saying that, when it does get debated, they will realise the urgency of the situation and in my view what happens next is exactly what has already being stated to be done.

I hope so. The more signatures added, the better.
    MeganM wrote: »
    Signed it :)

Thanks!
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Sorry hun, I'm having trouble signing it. :confused:
    Reena wrote: »
    Sorry hun, I'm having trouble signing it. :confused:

Try this:

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925/signature/new
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Thanks hun, I think it worked this time. :)
    Stupid computer. :impissed:
    Reena wrote: »
    Thanks hun, I think it worked this time. :)
    Stupid computer. :impissed:

Thanks very much!