Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

:/ feeling quite down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So im not to sure what to type.. Here goes.
I wish i could just feel normal, i cant go a day without feeling really low at some point. I isolate myself from others, and mainly my family.
I really dont understand why i do that. Thats still something i want to figure out.
Right now im battling thoughts in my head, and its really confusing for me!
I dont like feeling this way :(
Sorry i know this post doesnt make sense

Comments

• Options
    Hi claire i'm feeling the same as you are feeling.
    that i want to be normal but someone told me that normal doesn't exsist.everyone has their own personality.
    I don't know that i believe that right now.
    i hate myself sometimes too. when i'm feeling bad i try to avoid my family too and i go in a room and stay there alone.
    I don't know what advise to give you because i'm preety messed up myself right now but i want you to know that your not alone feeling like this.
    *hug**hug**hug*
  • Options
    Thank you pink girl.
    So sorry to hear your feeling this way also.
    *huggles*
    Her if you wanna chat :)
  • Options
    Hey Claire
    Sorry to hear your feeling so low at the moment...*hug*
    I understand when you say you isolate yourself - I do exactly the same with my family - for me, it's because I don't want them to know I'm hurting or not feeling great - I want them to think I'm the dependable one...
    Do you have anyone else you could speak to outside of your family/friends? I know you were seeing your GP previously - maybe you could go back?? It might help relieve some of the pressure?
    Is there anything in particular causing you stress/putting pressure on you at the moment that you want to post/talk about?
    I'm always happy for you to PM me if you want to talk *hug* xx
  • Options
    Hey WL
    yeah i am still quite back and forth with going to the doctor about this. Not to sure what to really say to the doctor.
    Yeah there was something that was causing me stress but dont feel comfortable posting it on the boards thats all.
    May pm you at some point lovely. Im just on the train home from London at the minute.
  • Options
    Hiya,

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling so much and feeling so down recently. Don't worry, it doesn't make you "not normal", like someone has already said normal doesn't really exist. That doesn't mean however that you should have to put up with feeling like this, it clearly isn't right and you deserve help and support.

When you're talking to your doctor about your treatment, it's sometimes difficult to think on the spot about what you should be asking them.

Here is a list of questions you might want to ask, when you speak to your doctor:

■Is this the only treatment available for me?
    ■Are there local support groups or meeting groups for children and young people having the same treatment that I can join?
    ■Where can I find more information?
    ■Is it a common for people my age?
    ■If receiving a talking therapy- how many sessions will I get?
    ■Will it make me feel upset to start with?
    ■If I do start to feel upset what should I do?
    ■How will the treatment make me feel?
    ■What are the side effects of the medication?
    ■How long will it take to make me feel better?
    ■Will I have to take it forever?
    ■How long will I have to wait to receive treatment?
    ■Can I stop this treatment at any point?
    ■What do I do if I start feeling worse?
    ■Will the treatment cure me?
    ■Do I have to tell my teachers, friends, family?
    ■Are there things I can do to help myself?
    ■Are there things that I cant do because I am receiving this treatment?
    ■When I’m older will I have to say I have this problem when asked on an application form or at work?
    ■Will I receive regular checkups?
  • Options
    Thank you,
    All your responses have given me something to think about.