Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pointless post from me..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Really unsure of what I want to type right now.

But me and my mum just had a really big arguement and I am on the verge of doing "something" that I will prob end up regretting... So I thought I would try and write about it, and see if that helps

Well I have mood swings, yeah and my mum gets angry quite easily, so I know what your all prob thinking we both clash. Im not sure we do, however... when my mum gets angry this gets me upset and angry to.. So basically this evening she came into my room and started having ago at me over nothing, and was shouting at me, I told her to leave me alone and she said she is fed up of my moods and me taking things out on her, when in fact she takes more things out on me, I am fine if I am left on my own.

I love my mum, I know I am lucky to have her, I just find it really hard to deal with her when she gets so angry.. Literally she even talks like she is angry, everything about her is angry. Its hard to explain properly.. We don't have a relationship because of it. I am not close to her at all. It sucks because I do want to have a relationship with her, but I don't know what else I can do. I try to bond with her, and talk to her but she never wants to.

I am finding it hard to cope with things at the minute. I feel like everything is getting on top of me.

Again I know this is a pointless post. I am sorry.

C

Comments

• Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Nothing is pointless. If this helps you, even a tiny bit then its not pointless.
    When I told my mother to leave me alone to deal with my feelings once, she was reluctant so I got mad, but she eventually understood that I needed that time to myself and left. Afterwards I said sorry for losing my temper and we were back to normal. Its not always that easy for some. Sometimes we have to try and understand our parents before they can understand us. Again this isn't easy. I had a rocky relationship with my dad. He can get mad easily, then it would be hard to talk to him. But as I got older I've kept trying and now we can talk about things we couldn't before. Its not perfect but what relationship is?

Have you tried other ways of talking? Sometimes face to face is the hardest. Emotions just come flooding out and tempers rise. Is she angry because she doesn't know how to talk to you? Maybe its just as hard for her.
    I hope what I've said makes sense. I've been ill the past few days and still am. xx
  • Options
    I guess so I just don't know how much more I can cope with..

Me and my mum don't even have a relationship at all. I have tried to talk to her, written letter texts phone calls, different things in the past but nothing has helped.
  • Options
    Relationships sometimes come easy, and sometimes come hard.
    In some cases it takes more time. I know that some of my friends have been able to have better relationships with their parents after moving out of the family home. Maybe the time apart makes everyone see just how much they mean to one another.
    Your mum should try and understand how much you want to have one with her. Have you ever asked her out right? "Do you want a relationship with me?" And not in anger. Just a normal day, no one upset, calmly asking.
    xx
  • Options
    Yeah you are right :)

Well my mum came to talk to me last night so I guess thats an improvement.. we both apologised.

I feel bit better today about the whole thing :)
  • Options
    I'm glad for you. Small steps can lead to great things. Take your time, both of you. xx
  • Options
    hi Claire. I don't have a good relationship with my parents too.
    My father is really difficult.and i can't talk to them about my feelings so i have to keep everything to myself :/