Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Legalize It!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think what does harm the "legalize" it arguments in a lot of cases (in my experience). Is that many of those who argue for it, tend to be asking or demanding it because they want it, for THEMSELVES. This is often undertaken with little view of the arguments opposing legalisation, I'd often prefer to see the it should be legal because, rather than I want it argument.

I know what I have said might not make sense, however I'm just trying to put across a issue that those use are involved in drug usage are possibly more likely to push to decriminalise something they are already involved in.
    I think one of the best arguments is "I want it legal because why not?"
    I've heard pieces of information coming at me from everywhere, the positives and negatives both seem fair enough. I am a X-cannabis user, although I did have a sneaky ten yesterday but that doesn't meet the point, I got really stressed and uncontrollable so I used it to calm me down. You could call that a positive. When I did do it I did it about three to four times a week for about two years. I started at fifteen and quit when I just hit seventeen. While I was on cannabis I was paranoid going into what the councilor said was schizophrenia, I was also delusional and I had it in my mind that there was demons or bad spirits that used to follow me around and that I had a guardian angel, all the bad things in my life were caused by demons or bad spirits, I believed that I could talk to my dead granddad etc. Knowing that I was turning mentally unstable I decided to pack it in and stopped. Into a month after quitting I had an intolerable rage to lash out at people or think deeply about little things that would give me unwanted stress and more anger. I'm still trying to fight it now. On the other hand my barber said he does cannabis and made a statement that "It's all in your head." and nothing more. Some people react differently to different things, when I smoked weed, there was paranoia and other things, when someone else does it for years they can be unaffected. It can be the same when you're drunk, I never fight or think of fighting when i'm drunk. Recently I find that children start so young on drugs in my area, my mum's friend's older daughter smokes cannabis and she is fourteen. The other day when I was out I saw the younger brother of someone I used to know which is either ten or eleven out of his head on the stuff. What I mean is, do it if you want but do it lightly and I don't like it when I see little kids on it either. Makes me think of when i'll have children.
    It would be interesting to see more research on the effects of cannabis on the developing mind as you say MindOvRot, a lot of users seem to start in their teens when I would assume their brains haven't finished making all the connections. Wonder if that could have an impact on development and ergo a long-term effect, perhaps as you say linked to schizophrenia or psychosis.
    I started at 13.

The long term effect for me is that I've lost whole years of my life through terrible memory loss. It's a bit of an ass as I now feel a bit disconnected from my own past.
    I think we could just about achieve world peace and ultimate intelligence if everyone smoked it.

When I'm high I just chat bollocks (granted, I do that anyway, but still) and think of random things like how God coded the planet, mathematics and political solutions. When I'm drunk I'm borderline anti-social at times.
    Do you not think its a better solution to try to help people be less anti-social when not under the influence, than turn to drugs (alcohol included) as a social crutch? People can be and are happy, and able to communicate / gel well with others, without drugs - so if some people can be we must infer that most people probably can be too. Shortcuts like drugs for most are just masking or hiding the problem, unless there are serious problems with social anxiety etc. where you cant even make progress without chemical assistance.
    Just got back from the USA, they've just legalised it for recreational use in Colorado and Washington......
    Oh no, let's wait for society to collapse then.
    It's quite funny, because it's still illegal at a federal level which means they're waiting to see what happens if you get caught by ATF/Park Ranger e.t.c. but in a State where it's legalised.
    I am certain that cannabis use in my teens has helped to fuck up my brain chemistry and I have seen it make some people a ghost of who they were... But then that's heavy use.

I believe it should be legal, not because I smoke it, but because I think crime would be lower, streets would be safer ect, if more people toked and/or took MDMA on a weekend.

Also, if people can fuck themselves on alcohol tobacco or eat themselves to death why is it different?

Also, making it in factories means safer smokes and more jobs.
    there's types such as White Widow that has effect such as "shrooms" you have to be really smart about your weed.

Smoking white widow is not like shrooms bro.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    It's quite funny, because it's still illegal at a federal level which means they're waiting to see what happens if you get caught by ATF/Park Ranger e.t.c. but in a State where it's legalised.

I'm 100% certain it was legalized because the Govs name is Hickenlooper. It doesn't matter what he stood for, the stoners went out and voted for that guy because his name is hilarous - and he paid them one back.

He knew that when he was elected, Thousands of stoners crawled out of their parents basement and took the minivan out to their polling location. He then added that to the ballot, knowing they would once again face the light of day to vote, in the hopes that he could then advertise and campaign in the marijuana locations, scaremonger thrm into thinking the new guy would repeal A64 and reminding rhem of his name, thus, concreting his reelection.

Unfortunately, that doesn't explain the legalization in Washington. Christine Gregorie brings no chuckles.