Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hearing voices

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm hearing voices tonight. I'm staying at my Dad and step-mum's as I'm going to a wedding later and at first I thought it was them talking but now it would seem it isn't. They live in a big detached house and there is nobody else there and when I walk towards the noise and around the house and turn on all the lights it doesn't go away. I can't make out what they are saying though, they are muffled which isn't like it has been when I've heard voices in the past but that was years ago. So now I'm shaking and the voices are getting louder but not clearer and I'm generally freaking out.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I get this quite often. Just try your best to ignore them hun, and focus on the fact they aren't real. I know it can be quite scary, it's awful, but you have to keep telling yourself they're just in your head. If you can, write a note and stick it next to your bed or wherever you are saying "They're not real!". That helps me, especially if they wake me up as I'm falling to sleep or something.
    Would you be able to phone a doctor or therapist in the morning? *hug*
    My step mum just got up and she said she was woken by voices around the same time so feeling less freaked out now. I'll see if it happens again before stressing about this one.

:)
    :thumb:
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    My step mum just got up and she said she was woken by voices around the same time so feeling less freaked out now. I'll see if it happens again before stressing about this one.

:)

I was going to ask about next-door's telly. Glad you're reassured.
    Somethings still not quite right.
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    What's up? <3
    I think I'm hearing voices. Also woke up at 3.30am and had a visual hallucination.

I'm in hospital now for my self harm anyway though.
    I'm not well at the moment either, massive hugs to you. Tell the hospital about the voices and hallucinations hun... I hope the self harm isn't too serious and gets treated soon.