Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Expert Chat: Self harm this Thursday (25th), 7-8pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey folks :wave:

Before normal support chat on Thursday 25th October we'll be opening up early to run an expert chat around self-harm from 7-8pm.

We will be joined in the chat room by Karina from 42nd Street - a mental health project for young people in Manchester.

Karina has a wealth of experience in working with young people both one to one and in group settings. They focus on the idea of giving people a chance to share their experiences of self harm and talk about what works for them in terms of coping tips and distraction techniques.

What can I ask about?
If you'd like to ask a question then do come along to the chat. Maybe you're looking for advice about scars or about how to confide in someone, or maybe you're looking for some new distraction techniques. Whatever your question, everyone is welcome and Karina will be here to offer her expert advice.

I can't make it :(
If you can't make it but you'd like to ask something then you can send me a Private Message or submit it by replying to this thread and we can ask it on your behalf. After the chat, the transcript will be published in the chat archive.

Being anonymous
If you don't want your usual username to appear in the transcript then don't forget to log in with a different name.

If you're looking for personalised advice from an expert in the mean time, you can also submit a confidential question to askTheSite - you'll get a reply within 3 working days :)

The chat will be fully moderated so all comments will go through to a queue before they appear in the chat room, this is so that everyone gets a chance to have their question answered. patrick and **Helen** will be there too to help out :thumb:

Once chat is open on the night you will be able to log in from this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

Comments