Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Facebook

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have recently (about 36 hours ago to be precise!) deleted my facebook account...but I actually feel like I have withdrawal symptoms from it...! Anyone else deleted their account and not re-opened it?? If so, how long before you could get through a day without feeling like you needed to check it...??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went ten months without facebook, and only reopened it yesterday because one of my best friend's no longer has a phone.
    I was tempted to go on it a lot for the first few weeks, but I just kept myself busy (came on thesite alot) and reminded myself of why I deleted it. Good luck! :)
    Thanks B-A :)
    I will have to find lots of distractions...I really want to upgrade my phone even though its going to cost me a fortune to buy out my current contract but maybe thats a useful distraction :D Or failing that I could stop procrastinating and write my essay...hmm! I'm sure, like anything, if I can go without it for the first week or so I won't look back :)
    Well I've had mine shut down for the past 25 days, the first week or so I was twitchy and wanted to get on all the time. Further into my current period of Facebook downtime I found it easier and easier. However, last night I was thinking about going on and found it really hard not to.

When I was abroad for 6 months, I didn't get to use the internet much at all, so in that sense I did have a bit of respite from Facebook, though when I did manage to get on, Facebook is pretty much all I used to keep in touch with people.
    It's like an itch you can't scratch lol! I know I'm not missing out on anything good from it because it makes me depressed looking through my news feed! I am lucky in the sense that I don't keep in contact with people on there who I don't have mobile numbers for so I can still phone/text the people I want to be in contact with...I also know it will wind my cousins up not being able to fill in my Auntie on what I'm doing and as nasty as that sounds she made the choice to cut communication; therefore, she has no right to know what I'm up to :)