Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can you sign yourself up for a short term inpatient mental health rehabilitation?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So this past while my mental health has been going down and down until today I'm just a shell.
I can feel my depression and psychosis symptoms coming back and I don't want to hurt myself nor be a burden to the people around me.
I just want to go away and get some help.

Are their places you can sign yourself up for without having to go through psychiatrists and doctors and agreements because it takes yonks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not unless you have money. There are suicide respite places which are generally run by charities (Maytree in London being the first to come to mind) which you can stay at for up to a week normally, which in my experience are very very helpful.
    it doesnt necessarily take ages if they think youre a risk to yourself or others
    There are places that are less clinical than hospital. I don't know where you are based but as Miss Riot says there is Maytree in London that I have heard good things about but not been there personally, there is Highbury Grove crisis house in Islington and there is an nhs run crisis house in my borough too which I use which is great and no psychiatrists there, the nhs ones you have to live in the right catchment area so find out what there is where you live. The one I go to you can stay for 1 week to 4 weeks depending on how things go although there is a pretty full on assessment to get in and you can have to wait a few days depending on bed availablity.
    I might look into it.
    I cut my arm and when i told my boyfriend (i've been told to tell if i cut myself any) he looked at me in disgust and sniggered.

it's been a good day (y)