Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hiding a thread?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Is there a way to hide a thread? I don't want to block the user, I just don't want to see on particular thread, because the title is making me feel a bit wobbly!

If not, would this be something thesite could look into doing? I think it'd be a good feature. :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just don't click on the title to the thread?
    It's the title that's the problem, as pathetic as that sounds. I just wondered if there was a way to hide threads without blocking a user, but I guess not :)
    Oh ok, fair dos.
    It should be fairly easy to use the greasemonkey plugin for firefox to change it to something else
    Hey B-A :wave:

Just wanted to say that if you find a title particularly distressing and you think others might too then you can PM myself or **Helen** and if we think it's necessary we can edit the title of a thread :)

There's no functionality to ignore individual threads, as you say, you'd have to block/ignore that member entirely.

I don't know much about Carriage Return's suggestion but sounds like it could be worth exploring...thanks for the feedback too, we'll keep it in mind :thumb:
    Thanks guys :)
    And Jo, it's not particually bad or anything, it's just triggering me seeing it all the time but it's alright :)
    In fairness B-A, if its setting you off, it could be having that affect on guests and other registered users.
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    In fairness B-A, if its setting you off, it could be having that affect on guests and other registered users.

Spoken to Helen and it's all sorted :)
    that's what she's for.