Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A " normal " work day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Having recently finished work for the day, it's got me thinking.

My job title is engineer; today at work I've taken on the role of graphic designer, inspector, technical clerk, marriage counsellor, tea maker, chemist and maths teacher.

How does anyone else's actual work day compare to job title?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have an official job title on paper somewhere, dont know if i've ever seen it or not :P
    Unjamming the photocopier is by the far the most annoying
    And giving ICT lessons
    When I worked as a carer in sheltered accomodation I dont think my roles were made very clear. I was an underpaid skivvy/servant girl to OAPs with an attitude problem doing the most demeaning work e.g. having an old lady demand that i dry between her toes when she is fully capable of doing it herself and then having an official complaint made against me when I refused.

Favourite job ever... :rolleyes:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Cleverly enough, my job title used to be "Informatics consultant" so that pretty much covered anything I'd do as long as it was related to computers.
    Technically, my job title is 'barista', not cashier, food server, table clearer, dish washer, toilet cleaner, floor sweeper, etc etc
    My job yesterday consisted of ICT technician and scarecrow.
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Like this thread a lot :thumb: imagine if they actually put 'unjamming the photocopier' or 'making the tea' on your job description.

Whowhere - scarecrow??

Today my job includes posting photos in threads for TheSite's 16th Birthday Treasure hunt :D

8099596944_c3655567e0_o.jpg
    Mine is Account Manager.

A deliberately vague title that covers everything, which is what i normally have to do.
    Chocolate fountain repair Was added to mine today.
    That sounds rather tasty.
    Mine is Account Manager.

A deliberately vague title that covers everything, which is what i normally have to do.

IME account managers do nothing but email back with lots of reasons about why nothing is their fault :D and also to ask for more money
    I worked as a Dishwasher but on paper they wrote Cleaner(don't know why because i made it clear from the start that i'm going to work as a dishwasher only.):crazyeyes:banghead:
    At first it was ok but than i did everything from Cleaning,set the tables,polish the glases,tidy up the store,polish the cutlery,answer the phone,helping the chef in the kitchen,bring them things from the store or the cold room and i had to watch the restaurant when no one's there like a watchman.
    and sometimes i would work in the morning as cleaner and in the evening as a dishwasher. My boss:eek2: was really annoying and a dickhead, i really hated him and i still am.
    Fortunatly i don't work there anymore.:thumb::yippe:
    Another one,

I was asked today to come in over the xmas break to help re-paint the office.... I really don't think decorator is in my job description! :eek2:

I kindly declined...
    Today my job description is mostly "arse around drinking tea, Spotify set to LOUD, twatting about on Twitter".

I demand a payrise.
    How about a coffee instead mr troll?

Sent from my whyayePad using Tapatalk
    Job title is a play and support worker. Christmas Eve will be spent dressed up as an elf.
    This week was a lawyer, hopefully it wont come back to haunt me...
    The average day of work for me, getting up and going down to the Jobcentre Plus and gettin' me dole.

Fits my job tittle of "Unemployed".
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    My average week involves driving over 1k miles. Designing and installing Ethernet, fibre, serial and Wi-Fi networks. Board reapirs on eprom and windows based tills. Programming. Training people in how to use stock management and reporting systems.
    Throw in a bit of telephone and remote support and i rarely do under 60 hours.

Hate my job now. Wish I was back on the golf course to be honest cutting grass and managing the course. Much simpler life.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    My average week involves driving over 1k miles. Designing and installing Ethernet, fibre, serial and Wi-Fi networks. Board reapirs on eprom and windows based tills. Programming. Training people in how to use stock management and reporting systems.
    Throw in a bit of telephone and remote support and i rarely do under 60 hours.

Hate my job now. Wish I was back on the golf course to be honest cutting grass and managing the course. Much simpler life.

I would love to do your Job.
    LauraO wrote: »
    Li

Whowhere - scarecrow??

I missed this bit lol. Whenever I'm around, there isn't any crime. hence, scarecrow!
    Looking after some children, which involves bumwiping and other unpleasant things. Also general domestic slave, cooking, cleaning, waiting for parcels and so on. Had to fold my employer's sexy underwear this week which is definitely not on my contract :(