Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can I Just Make A Quick Assumption Here

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For people that think sex isn't 'THAT' important in a relationship... You need look no farther than who's viewing what on this forum. Sex is important in a relationship. It may not dictate the whole relationship but never the less is still important. Why else would 1065 people be viewing the 'sex and relationships' while no other topic even compares in views.

I'm just sayin... It matters.

I'm new here and was just browsing the forum, looking at the topics, etc. I couldn't help but notice the overwhelming amount of people in the 'sex and relationships' section. This isn't directed at most people but I have ran into a few people that acted like sex wasn't important. It's pretty apparent that it is important if you asked me.

I'm going to use the newbie clause :p Don't burn me to bad. :wave:

Just getting the conversation going :chin:

Comments

• Options
    It's like oxygen, or money. It's only importamt when you don't have it
  • Options
    What you might find is that a lot of those views are unregistered users who could potentially be looking on google for "sex" for whatever reason. One good thing about the site is that it usually comes up high in google search results. However its good that a lot of people are coming here, they may well see something they like!
  • Options
    it's like oxygen, or money. It's only importamt when you don't have it
    lol
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    What you might find is that a lot of those views are unregistered users who could potentially be looking on google for "sex" for whatever reason. One good thing about the site is that it usually comes up high in google search results. However its good that a lot of people are coming here, they may well see something they like!

Ok, gotcha, that makes sense.
  • Options
    I was watching Coupling last night (an amazing 90's throwback!), and there was a moment when they were talking about the lack of sex once you enter a relationship. Me and my boyfriend turned and looked at each other and talked about it for a moment. For people who don't have high sex drives and who's main focus in the relationship is companionship, then yes sex might not be top priority but it should still be a good part of the relationship. In my mind, sex is essentially an expression of love or lust. In a relationship sex should be about love, because otherwise how is it different from having a fuck buddy? But I do see how sex seems to slide down the list as the relationship goes on. Familiarity isn't a good enough reason - you don't just stop seeing your mates just because you know them really well. Maybe its the availabilty of it? The mystery goes once your partner stops closing the door when he goes to pee, or comes in when you're in the shower because he can't wait. I know that the effort in actually seducing your partner definately goes down - a month or two in and its all jogging bottoms and baggy t-shirts rather than stockings and suspenders.

Anyway, there is no definate reason why, but yes it is important. Humans (well...all animals really) have 2 basic instincts, to breed and to survive. Sex can seem like a big difficult topic for many people for many different reasons (religion, past trauma, lack of knowledge on the topic), so yeah everyone (pretty much anyway) has either got a vagina or a penis and they want to know how to get the best use out of them. Simples.
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I was watching Coupling last night (an amazing 90's throwback!), and there was a moment when they were talking about the lack of sex once you enter a relationship. Me and my boyfriend turned and looked at each other and talked about it for a moment. For people who don't have high sex drives and who's main focus in the relationship is companionship, then yes sex might not be top priority but it should still be a good part of the relationship. In my mind, sex is essentially an expression of love or lust. In a relationship sex should be about love, because otherwise how is it different from having a fuck buddy? But I do see how sex seems to slide down the list as the relationship goes on. Familiarity isn't a good enough reason - you don't just stop seeing your mates just because you know them really well. Maybe its the availabilty of it? The mystery goes once your partner stops closing the door when he goes to pee, or comes in when you're in the shower because he can't wait. I know that the effort in actually seducing your partner definately goes down - a month or two in and its all jogging bottoms and baggy t-shirts rather than stockings and suspenders.

Anyway, there is no definate reason why, but yes it is important. Humans (well...all animals really) have 2 basic instincts, to breed and to survive. Sex can seem like a big difficult topic for many people for many different reasons (religion, past trauma, lack of knowledge on the topic), so yeah everyone (pretty much anyway) has either got a vagina or a penis and they want to know how to get the best use out of them. Simples.

That was very well put, thank you.
  • Options
    JoeLeeFTW wrote: »
    For people that think sex isn't 'THAT' important in a relationship... You need look no farther than who's viewing what on this forum. Sex is important in a relationship. It may not dictate the whole relationship but never the less is still important. Why else would 1065 people be viewing the 'sex and relationships' while no other topic even compares in views.

I'm just sayin... It matters.

I'm new here and was just browsing the forum, looking at the topics, etc. I couldn't help but notice the overwhelming amount of people in the 'sex and relationships' section. This isn't directed at most people but I have ran into a few people that acted like sex wasn't important. It's pretty apparent that it is important if you asked me.

I'm going to use the newbie clause :p Don't burn me to bad. :wave:

Just getting the conversation going :chin:

If you were here before they made the changes.

Sex & Relationships, used to have two separate forums. And only the Sex forum has huge amount of viewers. Sex is sex and it's not important to a relationship, specially as you can have platonic ones. As long as you're both genuinely happy with no sex, there isn't a problem. Obviously, if one person wants it and the other doesn't, then it's a mismatched relationship...
    saying as statement like 'Sex IS important' to a relationship, is to much of a generalisation.
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »
    If you were here before they made the changes.

Sex & Relationships, used to have two separate forums. And only the Sex forum has huge amount of viewers. Sex is sex and it's not important to a relationship, specially as you can have platonic ones. As long as you're both genuinely happy with no sex, there isn't a problem. Obviously, if one person wants it and the other doesn't, then it's a mismatched relationship...
    saying as statement like 'Sex IS important' to a relationship, is to much of a generalisation.

I call BS big time. Saying sex isn't important is ridiculous. If a relationship is to be solid then the significant others involved in the relationship would have to be sexually satisfied. If one or the other is not, then the relationship itself is not solid. Because the other wants 'more' than they are getting from the other.
  • Options
    JoeLeeFTW wrote: »
    I call BS big time. Saying sex isn't important is ridiculous. If a relationship is to be solid then the significant others involved in the relationship would have to be sexually satisfied. If one or the other is not, then the relationship itself is not solid. Because the other wants 'more' than they are getting from the other.
    Not really... Some people have no desire for sex. Some people prefer to pleasure, but not be touched (like an ex of mine... Can't complain so long as I'm gettin' it)... Some people fuck like rabbits.... Some people prefer it with a gimp mask, or giving it to their partner up the arse to The Sound of Music.

Everybody is different... Mentally, spiritually, sexually...
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    or giving it to their partner up the arse to The Sound of Music.

Video and/or pictures please, otherwise it never happened :D
  • Options
    Video and/or pictures please, otherwise it never happened :D

haha ... pictures pictures pictures :yippe: