Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fibromyalgia and NHS mucking up

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pester - it's the only way you'll get it is to keep asking.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'll give it a go. I'm so tired of it all though I've just had enough. Sometimes I get so low and tired I just want to curl up and die.
  • Options
    I'm so scared today. Got the pain clinic today, I've heard not good things about the consultant that I'm seeing (he likes to give people the cheapest option not always the right option - even when its readilly available). I didn't sleep well last night - kept waking up in pain. Hurting so much today...and I'm worried he's going to fob me off.
  • Options
    Hey how'd it go? x
  • Options
    Well here doc confirmed fibro and ruled out EDS on the grounds of there not really being a connective/soft tissue issue it just being joints that are hyper mobile. He's not messing with my meds apart from when I take my meds. He said there's another anti-depressant that also helps with pain that I could try but that would be up to the mental health team to decide. He's referred me to get fitted up for a tens machine and has got me on a pain management course which should start in the next 2 months or so.

So it's good I haven't got something degenerative or life threatening but having something that's potentially incurable and very difficult to manage isn't great. My boyfriend and mum have been very supportive but still it's difficult
  • Options
    It's a step in the right direction anyway so you can take a positive from that. Diagnosis is better than nodiagnosis. And the tens machine, the pain management course and the new AD (maybe) may all go some way towards a healthier and happier you :)
  • Options
    I've been fainting a bit again, plus I had another fit tonight. Been onto the pain clinic about a cancellation for TENS fitting and said I can get there with half an hours notice, so fingers crossed I'll be able to get it sorted soon. Feeling very weak, going to spend tomorrow in bed I hope!