Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

voices are so loud

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi am Faint
i self injure and i hear voices ...mostly the voices tell me to hurt myself or hurt others
My psych knows about this and recommend that i increase my medication but had told me to go to a hearing voices group thats on once a week ...i have been before and its helped in the past but i have social anxiety and being in a room full of people isnt something that i can handle right now ...its on a Thursday at 2pm my husband can come with me and sit with me during it
But tonight and yesterday has been really bad with the voices and am really struggling
I ended up self injuring
I havent been given the extra medication because he wants me to try the group first
but i can go on any more the voices are a lot worse than they where when i saw my psych and there telling me to do really bad things
Am scared of what i might do
Faint

Comments

• Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Hey Faint, it's nice to meet you.
    I've always struggled being around others. I describe myself as socially abnormal as I have difficulty expressing myself and making myself understood. Over the years I have become a little better, I was withdrawn because of people's comments and couldn't stand to be around others. It felt like I was being judged and it made me nervous and anxious.
    Building my confidence and counselling helped me, what triggers your anxiety? Is it just the social situation? or is it something in particular about being around people?
    When I feel depressed, I often hear my own voice over and over again in my head, saying how stupid are you? What were you thinking you idiot? stuff like that. But I tell that voice to shut up, because I know I don't have to believe it, I don't have to listen.
    I know it's not the same, but it won't hurt to imagine another voice telling all the others to shut up. A stronger voice that you control. Do you think it might help to try?

I can relate to your social anxiety, and I know how hard that can be to deal with. I hope you find the strength to fight the voices, long enough to sort out your medication. *hug*
  • Options
    The voices tell me to hit or hurt people i have to keep myself in check around people so i dont do it ...its gotten to the point where i cant go out by myself my husband has to come with me ...am worse when am around a lot of people or on buses and the bus is busy ...
    My husband says if he is going to get a job soon that i need to deal with this on my own but am too scared to deal with it
    The voices and thoughts are really bad ...I cant get them to stop
    I called the crisis team and they told me to go for a walk ...I did but it didnt help at all
    i just want to lock myself away from people and not leave the house ... but my husband wont let me do that
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    He is right. Once you lock yourself away it will be harder. I know from personal experience how hard it is to rejoin the human race.
    My issues were with paranoia, being suspicious and un-trusting towards others. Too scared of being hurt again.
    I still have days where I feel I can't be around people, on those days if I'm really bad and don't have a reason to go anywhere and just stay home. I think that's acceptable, because 9 times out of 10 I face the world with no one else by my side.

Can I ask? Do you know if it's the fact you don't want to go out, that the voices are telling you to hurt others? Or is it the other way around?
    Hope you are feeling better today. xx
  • Options
    Hey Faint

Firstly a big hello and welcome to the boards. :wave:

Great to see that you've been getting some mutual support of other forum members. Reena has given some great advice. :heart:

It's also good to know that your in touch with your services, and that your in contact with the crisis team. How did things pan out in the end last night. Have things been any better today?

As your only new, have you managed to navigate around the site fully? There is a useful section regarding mental health with some great resources and advice that you might find worthwhile. The link follows.

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth

Keep in touch

Phil :thumb: