Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Netflix Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just changed from LoveFilm to Netflix... Basically, I find at times, the streaming with Netflix is awful. I need to keep on stopping things to let them load, but they only load a bit... I haven't had trouble with Youtube, or Lovefilm's streaming service...

Of course, it could be that other house mates are doing something which uses a lot of internet? I know one downloads films... So maybe when he's on there, it's an issue?

We have a very fast internet connection...

Thank goodness I'm still on the free trial stage...

Has anybody else had issues? Any tips on resolving them?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im with netflix never had any problem with it. Its normally really good.
    Just realised, my flatmate plays a lot of computer games, so maybe it is slowing down the connection.
    Most computer games don't use a massive amount of bandwidth so it shouldn't bother it too much
    Oh... Ok... What about other flatmates downloading films?

Well I'll just cancel my Netflix if it's a Netflix problem... 50% of the films I have tried so far have been unwatchable.
    Downloading films could cause a problem. But if you tube is fine I would suspect that netflix is the culprit. Have you looked on their forums and see if there are similar reports?
    Yeah...

Flatmates can stream... I can't... Even when the signals are 4 bars, I have the same problems.

Tried running a program to clear off files and speed up my laptop... No joy. Trying virus scans... No joy...

No idea what to do next. I only use my laptop really, for Emails and watching TV. Maybe I need a new laptop?