Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Totes random blog post :-)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thanks to you all on TS

I firstly want to say thank-you to you guys on TheSite, Since I have become a member on here I have become such a better person, gained confidence and the ability to talk about problems I may be facing. I love using TheSite, not sure what I will do when I get to 25.

Before I joined TS I didn't have much confidence and thought I was alone in the problems that I was dealing with. Then I came on here and the advice I received from other members and also mods has been amazing. I also use another website but I have to say I prefer TS, because in main chat everyone offers support to each other and its a nice atmosphere to be in, and everyone is so nice to each other, and also on the boards. :)

I am also now on the leaders network. So far this has been an amazing experience for me. I sometimes struggle to keep up with the chat and get a bit confused with the aims of the chat, but I am overcoming that slowly. I am also thinking of going to the next Leaders weekender:) So that should be a great experience for me.

Because my learning disability means I am a bit slower, to register things in my brain I find it hard to keep up with certain things however I never let having a learning disability hold me back, I just overcome things and learn new ways of doing things. I have kind of done that in the leaders chats, with saying my ideas and things. I have ideas but sometimes find it hard to word them.. But I am getting better.

Okay so I am gonna wrap this up now.. Sorry for the really random post :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That was really lovely Claire :-)

I, like you, joined thesite when my confidence and happiness was down the gutter. But it got Better and at 25 I'm still here :-)

Always enjoy talking with you in the chats, thanks for posting this though :-)
    I am glad TS has helped you dude :) I love talking to you all on chat too :)

Don't worry I am planning on guilt tripping Helen to let me stay on TS when I turn 25 haha!:)
    I am glad TS has helped you dude :) I love talking to you all on chat too :)

Don't worry I am planning on guilt tripping Helen to let me stay on TS when I turn 25 haha!:)

There's no reason you can't stay once you turn 25, you know. You just won't be able to participate in surveys or user panels.
    Just like me, because I'm old (well 27).

The thing is, the people who are outside of the age range can still have a very valid and useful contribution to advice giving and other things. :)
    Thanks for the replies lovelies.. :-) i am sorry for the really random post though lol :)
    You should have seen some of my posts back in the day... I'm afraid you have some way to go before we can start giving you the title of 'totes random blogger' ;) haha :P
    Well I have just been put into my place by ShyBoy!:) Haha...
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Lovely post Claire :)
    Thank-you Kate :-)