Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you know a nice destination for a family holiday abroad?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello :wave:

We want to go on Holiday probably around the May/June time and we dont want to spend more than £600 on the flight/Hotel/Transfer if possible for a minimum 7 night break.

Ive looked around the internet and have seen deals in Majorca and various mainland spain locations (doesnt have to be spain) within that budget but I wanted to ask you guys if you know of anywhere from personal experiance that would suit us (me, husband, 3 yr old Son)

We want to be close-ish to a beach but I see some places are close to a beach but doesnt look like much else is around, we would ideally also like to be close-ish to an old town/old buildings and something for kids, maybe a waterpark of nature reserve or something like that.

All those things dont have to be included, we just want as nice family break...

I Would consider a car hire but would not want to have to spend ages in a car plus that will be another expense that we would prefer not to pay out for if poss...

If youve been somewhere and remember it fondly, please tell :)

Bet
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Betty :)

Was just wondering if you've checked out deals for Portugal? There are some really nice resorts for families and there are plenty of the kinds of attractions you mention here.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thats quite a small budget for 3 of you for a week in the summer, but maybe look on groupon getaways for a good deal, or maybe a eurocamp place that you can drive to?

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/groupon-getaways

http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/
    Theres a lovely place called Almuñeca which is the kind of resort that spanish peple go to on holiday. Theres a bay near by called La herradura, which is lovely! Its not quite as expencive as the very well known resorts but its only an hour from both Malaga and Granada airports (you can get some really cheap deals to Granada), but its quieter (still has the water parks/restaurants/few low-key bars etc). I can't think of anywhere in particular to stay there, but theres a fair few places to choose from (and its totally warm enough to camp there as well, loads of great campsites as well).
    **helen** wrote: »
    Hey Betty :)

Was just wondering if you've checked out deals for Portugal? There are some really nice resorts for families and there are plenty of the kinds of attractions you mention here.
    Hi Helen, I got some last minute time off from work for a holiday, and reading this inspired me to try to take a trip to Portugal. I hear Lisbon is very nice, but I really do not know much about Portugal. Do you have any suggestions for places to go/where to stay, and things to do while I am there? I would like to find a hotel that is comparable to the Flamingo Las Vegas or any of the Best New York Hotels. I am willing to pay for a good hotel, so if you have any advice on a nice hotel, that would be great. Any advice from someone who has already been there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)
    Do you know a nice destination for a family holiday abroad?

hello ,

I think Bilbao in Spain is the best holiday destination for all family that can enjoy all the family members, there is museum for kids and lots of things to do , there is also the water parks where u can enjoy with the family , and it is also the cheap visit nad the flight isn't very long and there is also the number of resorts are available where u can stay....

Flower Mound Locksmith
    Glen Burnie MD Locksmith
    Lewisville TX Locksmith
    Locksmith Livonia MI