Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
help i think i am going to self harm again.

I want to be normal

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you in the UK?
    I think you should contact the Samaritans. http://www.samaritans.org/
    Try and distracted yourself too, maybe do a drawing or watch a film. Something you enjoy :)
    PM me if you need to Panda x
    Hi sadpanda:wave:

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling like you want to self harm again, It's good to think that you have come to the site to let us know how you are feeling and remember there is always someone here to listen to you. Is there anything that could of triggered this urge to self harm off ? Broken angel has given some great advice by trying to distract yourself or by contacting the Samaritans. Also shy boy offering you the chance to chat privately may be an idea:heart:

Please do let us know how things are going for you and carry on too post on The Site, as I said above there is always someone here to listen.

B *hug*
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    we're all here for you xx :heart:
    hi sad panda :wave:
    i know the feeling of want to be normal and the urge to self harm i know it's really hard but hang in there.you can always trade the self harm into talking to someone here on the site (there are many people that will listen to you and help you)or you can talk to someone that you trust.
    your not alone. if you want to chat i'm always here.
    cu take care.:wave:
    *hug*
    How are you doing today Sad Panda?

There are lots of people at thesite who care,

dp :heart:
    Thank you to everyone for your support. I didn't give in to the urge this time. I feel a small victory :yippe: I will be getting counselling for this once I get back to uni.

Thanks for your support, it means a lot, knowing that there is always someone to turn to. *hug*

Panda :) xx
    *high five* :yippe: so pleased for you Panda. We're always here :) *hug* xx
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    It is a victory, well done. xx :heart:
    Hi Sadpanda :heart:,

It is really positive to hear that you didn't give into your urge and that you feel it is a victory, I'm sure it is a very settling thought to know that you have got through it this time and that you are going to look at getting some counselling is a real move forward.

It is great to hear that you feel supported here and we hope you keep checking in with us at the site and letting us know how you are getting on.

Take Care
    B *hug*
    Hey that's a big victory! I'm really glad that you're going to get counselling too..in the meantime you should check out LifeSIGNS http://www.lifesigns.org.uk/. They have loads of resources for self harmers and lots of distraction techniques.