Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hi all

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my name is michelle.im 18 years old. im a self harmer so i hope to find someone who i can talk to. gn people.

Comments

• ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    pink girl wrote: »
    my name is michelle.im 18 years old. im a self harmer so i hope to find someone who i can talk to. gn people.

Hia michelle,
    I'm 25 and a former self harmer. It was hard getting to the other side and I still slip back sometimes, but I made it you will too. Welcome, I hope you think of me when you want a chat. xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bad days

i really don't like my life.:crying: i feel ugly right now.don't know how to put my feelings into words but don't know what to do anymore. im' too shy and i really hate that, i feel that people don't like me and don't want to be around me because when they talk to me i don't say much and im not confident about myself because i'm too shy.:( i'm really tired living in this life and smile in front of my family because if i cry or they see me sad they starts to ask questions and i really hate that. they don't understand and i wish that they will stop trying to understand me and try to fix me themselves.:( (sorry if my english isnt good)
    Hey pink girl and welcome to TheSite.org, we're really glad you found us :wave:

Having the confidence to write about how you're feeling is a really positive step and you'll find plenty of people here that can relate to what you're going through. It sounds as though there are a few things troubling you at the moment - feeling shy, unnatractive and lacking confidence, the pressure to seem ok in front of your family and you mentioned that you self harm too. Have you ever thought about talking to someone about how you're feeling? This article on confiding in someone might be worth reading, or, if you're not ready for that you could think about talking to your GP in confidence.

Being shy and quiet isn't necessarily a bad thing either! Everyone is different and working to accept and be comfortable and confident in who you are could help you to brush off those fears of what other people might think. Taking up a new hobby (as cliched as it might sound) can be a real confidence booster too - it might be a sport, writing, drawing, volunteering.. anything that gives you the time to enjoy something for yourself.

For ongoing support on anything that you're going through take some time to explore the forums here and post in the different topcis - you'll find people really friendly and willing to share their own experiences and advice :) If you'd like some expert advice you can also submit a confidential question to askTheSite - you'll get a personal response from a trained advisor within 3 working days.

Big hugs and great to have you on board *hug*
    thanks jo7 you made me feel a little good about myself.i don't have any friends so don't really have someone i can trust.someone in my family i don't have too because the last time that i was cutting i cut one really bad and my mum found out my sister was at home too soo they made me go to a doctor and he send me to someone but i couldn't keep going because i have no job and no money.and anyway even though i went to a terapist at some point i still felt the same way sometimes.
    and when my family found out they reacted like i kill someone. so i don't like talking to my family about it.:(
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    And you xx
    Heyy,

Welcome to the site,

jo give u some good links that u can post :) enjoy and we will help u as best as we can

Best Wishes,
    Heather xx

:):thumb:*hug*
    :heart: Nice to meet you. I am a new member. You can call me Ying. I wishes everyone welcome me.
    hi Ying welcom. i'm sure that everyone here will welcome you :).
    feel free to chat with me any time you want. i love to chat with anyone on this site.:d
    Hey Michelle, welcome to the forums :) hope you can chat here. We love chatting too here!!! How are you today? :)
    hi shyboy i'm fine today thanks.how about you how are you ?
    I'm good thankyou :) but it's about my bed time now! Glad to hear you are fine! I look forwards to speaking more soon!!!
    ok night night than.me too am going to sleep soon. talk to you soon. cu:wave: