Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help! please, i need advice thats not bias....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i have this guy friend, who has liked me for like a year, he asks me out, i say yes.... i like him, i can picture the relationship in my head..... its nothing like that.
Its awkward, and whenever he tries to act like a boyfriend i push him away coz it feels so wrong....we havent been going out long, but i can already sense that its going nowhere.....he wants to wait to see if it gets better... i dont think i can wait though, i dont look forward to seeing him... its not meant to be like that...... what do i do? wait to see if it gets better, or go with my instincts (and try and break up with him, and try to keep our friendship? HELP! :crying:

Comments

• Options
    You should never stay in a relationship that you aren't happy in. I think you should just be honest with him, and say "I'm really sorry, this isn't working like I thought it would, and I think we'd both be happier if we were simply friends."
    You might have to accept he wont want to be friends again straight away, you will both need some breathing space for a while. But I'm sure you could be friends in time.
  • Options
    "broken-angel" thankyou very much :) i suppose thats true....the only thing is, we are part of the same friendship group, and i dont want a break up to affect my other friendships.... do you think theres any way to keep the peace for the sake of our friends?
  • Options
    I think the only way is by giving each other space and time to accept what's happened. You gave it ago, it hasn't worked out so great, and yes it's upsetting but it wont be the end of the world :) I'm sure your friends will understand!
  • Options
    thanks so much :) that has helped a lot :D
  • Options
    No worries! Let us know if it gets sorted :)