Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sad mood (self harm)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm really sad and i don't know even why.:( i guess thats my life. i cut myself too because thats where i find my relief. i don't know how to explain it. and i don't even know why i'm sad thats crazy :/ i think.... i don't know what to do with my life :(.

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Pink Girl - For starters Massive *hug*'s - Well done for reaching out to us on here, proud of you, have you taken a Look at TheSite.org coping tips and distractions page on here? - It might be worth taking a look at? Have you ever tried alternatives when you've felt self harming urges occur?

Are you in therapy at all, or getting additional support for how you feel? Are you in High School/College or Uni at the moment?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hi angel,
    sometimes i try to watch a movie or listen to music but it doesn't actually work.i'm not seeing anyone... i was actually i used to cut and one day i did one very deep and had to go to a dr and he sent me to someone.it wasn't always good sometimes i still felt the same so i stoped going.and anyway i couldn't afford it because i don't have a job.sometimes i get dipressed because i don't know what i want in my life, i'm trying to find a job with animals but i doubt that they will choose me.but other than that i don't know what to do and i know that eventually i have to think about another job because working with animals is my dream job.and in my country we only have one place where you can work with animals and get paid. :(
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    pink girl wrote: »
    hi angel,
    sometimes i try to watch a movie or listen to music but it doesn't actually work.i'm not seeing anyone... i was actually i used to cut and one day i did one very deep and had to go to a dr and he sent me to someone.it wasn't always good sometimes i still felt the same so i stoped going.and anyway i couldn't afford it because i don't have a job.sometimes i get dipressed because i don't know what i want in my life, i'm trying to find a job with animals but i doubt that they will choose me.but other than that i don't know what to do and i know that eventually i have to think about another job because working with animals is my dream job.and in my country we only have one place where you can work with animals and get paid. :(

At your age many people don't know what they want in life. Its not that uncommon to feel confused and unsure about your future.
    Legally, I don't think depression can be used as a reason not to give someone a job, and these days employers are more aware and understanding about the issues. And who knows, other people get to work there, why not you?
    Keep seeing someone. If you feel one person isn't that helpful, find someone who is. Its your choice who you see.
    Is there any financial support, or any charities and advice helplines you could contact?
    Keep trying. xx
    hi reena
    i kind of lost hope with the animal job because i think that there are lots of people working there and my cousin's husband works there too and he's trying to get me a job there but he told me to wait. and i knew that i have to wait a little but i can't wait forever i need the money. i don't really know if there's a charity. i know about the place that i told you about and i don't know if there's a group you know like the groups they make that you talk to each other.we have that kind of think for someone with drugs and alcohol but i don't know if there's something for self harm or suicide. :/
    Is it possible to join one of those groups? I ask because people with drug and alcohol problems deal with depression and self harm too. If you think about it, you might say self harm is an addiction in its self, and just as hard to walk away from.
    Wait a little while about the job, you never know you might get something. Or if you really want to work with animals, why not think about starting your own business? Dog walking, animal grooming service. Think about it, what is in the area you live? Would people want your service? Is there a market?
    I think it would be something worth considering, and isn't it the kind of thing you would enjoy? xx ;)
    i don't know if possible i have to ask my dr i guess :/. i live in a small town we have markets yes and i aplied to a few. the dog walking is interesting. :)
    sometimes i think about doing a course in a school that involves animals but i removed it in seconds from my mind because i don't have the confidence and i don't know what i'm going to find it's like going back to school.what other students think of me, i always kept back at school. :(
    I'm sorry you don't feel confident about school. I hated school, but when I went to college I loved it. Can you go to a college?
    Or how about online courses? Or learning from home? Are there any places like that? Do what I do, when I see a problem instead of getting depressed I try to see all the other options. There is always something you can do.

With dog walking, you could advertise you services like babysitters do. Posters, business cards, word of mouth, and charge what you think is fair. xx
    i don't think that i can go to a college because i don't have any levels.i can go to a school it's something like if you want to learn something you can go to this school and learn what you want you can select subjects.
    but i haven't go because i have a very low self esteem and don't know if i will make any friends.
    at school i didn't have any friends but i thing it was my fault... i kind of was shy to talk to them i talk very briefly.
    I was always shy. Its nice to have friends but you shouldn't worry about making them. You may even meet some people who are shy like you, who feel the same way you do. Don't be afraid of change, sometimes its a good thing. New friends, new qualifications. And if you try and you don't like it no one can force you to stay there.
    Did the college say that? Might be worth finding out first. My grades weren't that brill when I entered college so I'm not sure if that would be a problem. xx *hug*
    well i can always try i think. it's going to be really hard..:/
    Nothing worth having comes easy. It will be hard, but just remember you have support. I'm cheering you on xx.
    thanks reena your my best friend. never had someone like you in my entire life. :)
    Aww, thanks Michelle. xx