Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bleeding issues...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I have had sex twice. First time my blood was super dark and looked like old blood...Second time red blood just came out. It was quiet a bit of blood....It wasn't even spotting more like just flowing out. Which kinda scares me since the blood just kept coming. I most likely could have filled well over two shot glasses with the blood...We stopped imeditately after realizing I was bleeding. I will be getting a gynacologist to check my stuff. Should I be worried....?

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, the blood is probably from your hymen breaking or possibly your period starting (I've found that sometimes sex can trigger my period), or doing it a bit too rough for the first time! Also, you always think there's a lot more blood than there actually is... remember you only lose about 2 tablespoons of blood during your period :thumb:

Have a read of these: http://www.yourtango.com/201172815/7-things-you-didnt-know-about-hymen
    http://www.pamf.org/teen/sex/virginity/disappointments.html

edit: next time you have sex, consider using lubrication if you don't already, it helps a lot :)
  • Options
    remember you only lose about 2 tablespoons of blood during your period :thumb:

I swear that that's bullshit. I mean, I get blood clots (yuck yuck yuck) and I swear some of those come out at a tablespoon full just on their own >.>

Anyway, Haseo: Broken-Angel is right - it's perfectly normal to bleed after your first time having sex. Some people don't, some people only a little bit, and some people not at all. I'm thinking that the first time didn't quite tear your hymen and the second time...well...did. She's also not alone in sex triggering periods - that's very common too.

Try not to worry and you're doing the right thing by seeing a doctor about it, even if it's nothing it's better to make sure :)
  • Options
    I swear that that's bullshit. I mean, I get blood clots (yuck yuck yuck) and I swear some of those come out at a tablespoon full just on their own >.>

2 is average, 6 is the maximum I think :)