Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

When is it ok to talk about Muslim homophobia?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mdmridha wrote: »
    Why you are homosexual? You are violating the rule of nature if you are not believing in God. Can you break any rules like will you try to be alive without food or without Oxygen? no you cant. When anyone become abnormal then his choices starting to be abnormal too. So don't think in a wrong way and get well soon.I am not here taking the position against homosexual people but saying them that please think of your life and say are you normal with everything? I think you will get there some problems.

Fuck off.
    Nothing better than a person using a computer to accuse others of doing something unnatural.
    I like that people from religions so far removed from nature (like the Abrahamic ones) talk of this rule of nature and yet refuse to see homosexuality or other "imperfections" within nature itself. Yet religions which are more nature based (paganism, buddhism to an extent, animism, etc) pretty much embrace them.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I don't think I've met a LGBT member in Muslim community before O.o - If there was one, they really be really secretive about it, but if they were, they would probably get disowned from the Muslim community! It's like having a Boy Friend, your parents just won't be happy about it, and you have to stop quiet about it.

But then, I'm all accepting O.o
    **Angel** wrote: »
    I don't think I've met a LGBT member in Muslim community before O.o - If there was one, they really be really secretive about it, but if they were, they would probably get disowned from the Muslim community! It's like having a Boy Friend, your parents just won't be happy about it, and you have to stop quiet about it.

But then, I'm all accepting O.o

Imaan, for LGBT Muslims.
    Awww... I met some Imaan activists at South Bank Surfing. Lovely people. :)