Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self harm and Girlfriend.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im a 15 year old boy and i dated this girl for all of 16 hour when i get a call from her mom. This girl is never ever allowed to even look at me talk to me like me speak of me work with me think of me ever again. I had met her mom about an hour before the call... she had seen my Self Harm scars on my wrist and a relativly fresh cut more towards te elbow that i had inflicted threedays before. so now im lonley depressed and ruined my dream carreer. suicide seems more and more tempting. what should i do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there razor :wave:

It must be so hard to have these suicide and self harm feelings, and now it seems you are also going through a hard time because your girlfriend's parents don't want you to see her anymore.

Do you have some friends or family you can open up about this? Have you been to see someone for counselling? I am not sure how it works in the USA as this is mainly for the UK but if you go to see someone confidentially, they might not be allowed to mention it to US marine, which I understand is your dream career? Perhaps try and find out if there is a confidential helpline you can call and speak to someone about this? Have a look at our range of helplines.

Have a look at our articles on suicide and self harm which might help as well.

Keep strong, having a career goal could help you get through this *hug*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes ma'am thank you..
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    razor wrote: »
    Im a 15 year old boy and i dated this girl for all of 16 hour when i get a call from her mom. This girl is never ever allowed to even look at me talk to me like me speak of me work with me think of me ever again. I had met her mom about an hour before the call... she had seen my Self Harm scars on my wrist and a relativly fresh cut more towards te elbow that i had inflicted threedays before. so now im lonley depressed and ruined my dream carreer. suicide seems more and more tempting. what should i do?

I found this on a US military site, about medical waivers:
    The truth of the matter is that nobody can tell you what your chances of waiver approval are. Not me, not your recruiter, not your family doctor, not the nice old neighbor who retired as a colonel, not even the commanding officer of the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS). Why? Because there isn't any "go/no go" list of what will be approved and what will not be approved. Each and every waiver request is evaluated individually, using several individual factors. No two waivers are alike. In fact, I've seen waivers approved one week, only to see waiver requests for the exact same condition, in the same branch of the Military disapproved just a week later.

usmilitary.about.com ? Careers ? US Military ? Joining the Military

I also found this site:
    prmc.royalnavy.mod.uk ? ... ? Common Training Injuries

I don't know if there is a difference between what you want and what I found, but I don't think they can legally say no to you on the grounds you have depression.
    As for what happened with your girlfriend, some people just don't know how to act around people like us. They get scared. I think they just want to protect her. She would be very upset if something happened to you.
    Give it some time, who knows. When she's an adult they won't be able to tell her who she can and can't see.
    Hope I helped xx.