Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

School isn't running subjects!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Im in year 10 & we recently chose our subjects for next year. I found out that legal studies, economics (7 ppl chose both) and 2 unit studies of religion aren't going to run for next year and ancient history coincides with 2 unit maths.

Basically all my strength subjects that I chose, are out of the question & i'm just infuriated, as it seems they don't really care about our future or preference, they casually force upon subjects you don't want to do, as to show their lack of interest and care. I'm making a complaint to the principal, however in the meantime, I'm contacting other schools to see if they can find me a position in their school.

Is this the right thing to do, should I leave for year 11 & 12?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Have you spoken to the school? I had issues when I was in school and as enough parents complained they came to more of a compromise. Otherwise, I would do what you suggest and look at other options. You have more than I had when I was at school as you could look into colleges, 6th forms etc.

But my first port of call would be your director of studies, guidance people or whoever it is in school that deals with these issues.