Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

coke comedown

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long will I feel this bad? I took coke for the first time last night. I also drank a bottle of vodka and I'm feeling rough. I only did one line of coke.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    when the vodka is out of your system i expect.
    its more likely to be a hangover from that
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    when the vodka is out of your system i expect.
    its more likely to be a hangover from that

:yes: totally.

Here's a reminder of some of the best ways to feel better again (from NHS choices) :
    Treatment involves rehydrating the body so it can deal with the painful symptoms (though the best time to rehydrate is before going to sleep).

Over-the-counter painkillers can help with headaches and muscle cramps. Paracetamol-based remedies are usually preferable as aspirin may further irritate the stomach and increase nausea and sickness.

Sugary foods may help you feel less trembly. In some cases, an antacid may be needed to settle your stomach first.

Bouillon soup, a thin vegetable-based broth, is a good source of vitamins and minerals, which can top up depleted resources. Its main advantage is that it's easy for a fragile stomach to digest.

You can replace lost fluids by drinking bland liquids that are easy on the digestive system, such as water, soda water and isotonic drinks (available in most shops).

*hug*
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Alcohol and coke mix in the body to create a even more toxic chemical. Mixing the two is definitely not a good idea, coke is bad enough on it's own as it is.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    Alcohol and coke mix in the body to create a even more toxic chemical.

This too - I was wondering about the impact of one line, but still pretty toxic I'm guessing when considering the mix?
    The effects of taking cocaine and alcohol together are far more dangerous than taking either drug alone. Cocaethylene is formed when alcohol and cocaine meet in the liver. This ‘metabolite’ remains in the body much longer, subjecting the heart and liver to a prolonged period of stress.

Also found these two snippets pretty interesting...
    • when mixed with alcohol, the effects of cocaine last up to two and a half times longer.
    • cocaine counteracts the effects of alcohol giving you the feeling you can drink more.

This all comes from a website of a charity based in Bolton.

http://www.drinkingwithcharlie.co.uk/SoWhat/
    In case anyone wonders, it took at least 48 hours to feel vaguely human and then I still had an upset stomach for another two days after that. I will try to avoid repeating this.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    In case anyone wonders, it took at least 48 hours to feel vaguely human and then I still had an upset stomach for another two days after that. I will try to avoid repeating this.

*hug*
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    How long will I feel this bad? I took coke for the first time last night. I also drank a bottle of vodka and I'm feeling rough. I only did one line of coke.

Feel better soon hun xx
    Reena wrote: »
    Feel better soon hun xx
    As this is an old thread that some spammers have dragged up I can assure you that I got over this quite some time ago and haven't touched the stuff since :) xx
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Glad to hear that. Make sure to take care of yourself K hun xx.
This discussion has been closed.