Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boys...are they all the same??!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys!! ive been texting this boy recently but he has a bit of a bad rep...ok...maybe a heck of a bad rep!! he slept around when he was younger and didnt treat those girls with any respect..he just kicked them out after he had sex with them!:p i met him out in a night club this summer and weve been texting since then .. like he tells me he's "changed "... that hes not the stupid person he was back then.I really want to believe him and stuff...but im finding it impossible to! i think he's only interested in me just so that he can have a relationship because he told me that he's looking for a relationship..he's sick of sleeping around with people. Normally if this was anyone else id have no problem giving them the boot...but i really like this boy...like he's known around the town for being really good looking!! But he's always lying to me...about his age..that he's still in school...and he started going out with this girl when we were still texting, because i never met up with him. The thing is, im different to him...im really shy and im always afraid to meet up with boys. Im just looking for advice as regards this situation... am i stupid to be putting up with him,,,and how can i get over my nerves as im starting college in a week!!! thanks!!:)

Comments

• Options
    No they are not all the same but a lot of them are a bit insensitive and really do not understand the pain they can cause other people.
    I guess the fact that this lad has been lying to you should sound alarm bells, i think anyone would be a little worried about having a relationship with someone with a reputation for sleeping around but of course people do change and although there is the chance you could get hurt at least you are going into this with your eyes open.
    Lifes to short to not take chances but only you really know how you feel and if you are strong enough to deal with what might happen.
    Good luck
  • Options
    I don't know about all boys being the same but all you girls are the same: you're looking for a bad boy you can change.

Joking. Mostly. :p
  • Options
    First of all the boys aren't the same. and that applies to girls too. each one is unique in their own ways. but you cannot be sure what is his intentions. and you cannot be sure if its gonna last forever. but it is one of those things you will have to do and find out.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    niamhuss wrote: »
    hey guys!! ive been texting this boy recently but he has a bit of a bad rep...ok...maybe a heck of a bad rep!! he slept around when he was younger and didnt treat those girls with any respect..he just kicked them out after he had sex with them!:p i met him out in a night club this summer and weve been texting since then .. like he tells me he's "changed "... that hes not the stupid person he was back then.I really want to believe him and stuff...but im finding it impossible to! i think he's only interested in me just so that he can have a relationship because he told me that he's looking for a relationship..he's sick of sleeping around with people. Normally if this was anyone else id have no problem giving them the boot...but i really like this boy...like he's known around the town for being really good looking!! But he's always lying to me...about his age..that he's still in school...and he started going out with this girl when we were still texting, because i never met up with him. The thing is, im different to him...im really shy and im always afraid to meet up with boys. Im just looking for advice as regards this situation... am i stupid to be putting up with him,,,and how can i get over my nerves as im starting college in a week!!! thanks!!:)

Your not stupid for putting up with him. Because you like him so much you its only natural you'd want to think the best of him. But don't be too trusting. Good luck xx
  • Options
    I dont think all boys are the same BUT i'd stay away from this one if i were you. Im sorry but when a guy uses the phrase 'i've changed/i want a relationship', he's bullshitting.

Oh, and he went out with someone else because you wouldnt meet him? Just, no
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    i'd stay away from this one if i were you. he's bullshitting.

:yes:

Walk away. Sounds like trouble and i think you'll only get hurt in the long run.
  • Options
    I generally do prejudice against people these days based on their relationship history. It might not always be fair, but there's plenty of decent people out there to date without the ropey history :)

Also you know he's lying to you already. In my experience (and this goes for friends, family too) people either have difficulty lying, or they don't. Those who lie easily are likely to continue to lie easily. It will never protect you 100% but you should steer well clear of anyone you know is repeatedly lying to you.
  • Options
    i agree with you lexi. this might don't have to do with anythig but at first i tought that boys are all the same because when i like someone and start to talk to him on the internet they always says that they want to meet me to have sex. i really hate it because i tought that i was useless and end up being more depressed. than one day i was texting to this guy i even gave him my cell number and he told me that he wants to go out with me because he liked me but after a week i found out that all he want is to have sex with me. I really hate guys like that!!