Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I think im messed up...? help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 15 and i thought i was a happy normal person, really the only bad things in my life are my slightly terrible home situation (my mom calls me a worthless piece of **** and means it) divorced parents. we are poor as f**k, financial trouble at home, we move alot, my dad and his girlfriend and my mom and her boyfriend get drunk alot. i just learned my dad is a dope head, meth, crack, pot, the whole works. But none of this really bothers me this much. but latley ive been obbsessed with suicide and death and im having frequent suicidal thoughts. im thick skinned, words and events dont usually phase me. infact im told im insensitive. but ima happy kid. and ive been thinking suicidally and thinking about cutting myself. wtf? I cant get "help" because I have ONE dream: to be a US Marine. If i am prooved to be suicidal or have depression, ect im disqualified from the Marines. what do i do? Do i most likley have a mental disorder?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Razor,

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling like this at the moment, it certainly sounds like a confusing time for you . I noticed you have said in a previous post that you are seeing a school counsellor or are thinking about seeing one? How are you finding this ? I know you had concerns about the information being kept confidential, this will always be the case unless a counsellor feels there is a serious risk to either yourself or others. I am
    Sure you will find it very beneficial to open up to them and they may be able to signpost you to other services that may be of help to you.

It sounds like you have a lot going on around you and please always use the site when you feel you need to, it is a good place to relay how you are feeling and there will always be someone here to listen and give you some advice.:thumb:

Let us know how things are going for you.

Take Care
    B.:wave:
  • Options
    Yes Ma'am thank you..
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    razor wrote: »
    I'm 15 and i thought i was a happy normal person, really the only bad things in my life are my slightly terrible home situation (my mom calls me a worthless piece of **** and means it) divorced parents. we are poor as f**k, financial trouble at home, we move alot, my dad and his girlfriend and my mom and her boyfriend get drunk alot. i just learned my dad is a dope head, meth, crack, pot, the whole works. But none of this really bothers me this much. but latley ive been obbsessed with suicide and death and im having frequent suicidal thoughts. im thick skinned, words and events dont usually phase me. infact im told im insensitive. but ima happy kid. and ive been thinking suicidally and thinking about cutting myself. wtf? I cant get "help" because I have ONE dream: to be a US Marine. If i am prooved to be suicidal or have depression, ect im disqualified from the Marines. what do i do? Do i most likley have a mental disorder?

I don't think its unusual. Perfectly fine then one day you can't stand being you.
    I'm not sure when it started with me. Its like it creeped into my mind, slowly day by day changing me. It was so gradual I hardly noticed.
    If you don't mind me asking, do you think the insensitive thing might be your subconscious protecting you? Shielding yourself maybe?
    You want to be a marine? Its fab you have a goal, something to work for may help you overcome these thoughts. Fight on razor.