Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drugs have affected my confidence

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 21 years old, and have a very lively outgoing lifestyle with friends. Most weeks when we hit the town we're usually out with either coke, mdma/pills or now more often mkat/meow meow. When high on the stuff, i tend to either ring or text girls up and declare my love for them and when im out ill say things to ladies id never say sober/not wired. Either bringing them back to mine, or talking dirty to them etc. Ive also said plenty of things to girls and then woke up or come round and thought what the hell was i on about. Then had to avoid/delete certain people because of what i said when wired. My confidence with girls sober isnt very high and i think this is to do with the drugs. Anyone else feeling the same? Can my confidence be repaired? :/

Comments

• Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    I'm 21 years old, and have a very lively outgoing lifestyle with friends. Most weeks when we hit the town we're usually out with either coke, mdma/pills or now more often mkat/meow meow. When high on the stuff, i tend to either ring or text girls up and declare my love for them and when im out ill say things to ladies id never say sober/not wired. Either bringing them back to mine, or talking dirty to them etc. Ive also said plenty of things to girls and then woke up or come round and thought what the hell was i on about. Then had to avoid/delete certain people because of what i said when wired. My confidence with girls sober isnt very high and i think this is to do with the drugs. Anyone else feeling the same? Can my confidence be repaired? :/

I'm sure your confidence can be repaired. And I do know someone you felt exactly like that when I was 15. Maybe not in the same league as you but the same feelings.
    Its a bit of a long story. Basically it was my 15th, me and some of my friends were having a slumber party with alcohol. There wasn't much drink but 1 or 2 of my friends went a bit crazy. A friend of a friend, lets call her V, got really tipsy and phoned a guy she had a crush on. How and when we moved the party outside I can't remember, all I know is V was off down the street declaring her undying love for him, then proposing to him saying she wanted all of the girls at the party to be bridesmaids, while standing in the middle of the road.
    About 10 minutes later we managed to get her sober enough to tell her what she did. At first she didn't believe us, she couldn't remember a thing. But after checking her phone she saw that not only had she confessed her love but she had confessed it to his best friend. She was horrified and asked for another drink.
    V felt she wouldn't be able to talk to them after saying all those wired things, and I think it made her a little self conscious.
    I wouldn't want to tell anyone how to live, but it seems to me that these things that your talking about are the risks you take when you use drugs. Whether it be alcohol or something stronger.
    Just make sure you keep safe.