Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Past life or not...?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This has become ludicrous semantic jousting.

Never heard TS summed up quite so well :D
    of course past lives are possible, I don't think we simply just die, I think once we die we spent time in the spirit realms and then become another person, like when we feel attached places we've never been before it's because in a past life we used to like going there or use to live there and we still feel attached to it in this life but can't understand why we do. I would love to have a past life regression I think it would be really interesting!
    When i was a child i used to really believe in the idea of a past life, but i now realise that and this is only my opinion from my experiance that the concept is just a way of your mind dealing with your inner most desires and dreams, either by manifesting your thoughts and dreams as some kind of fake memory or giving you the hope that in the next life you will be who you really desire to be.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh good god this truly has descended into a first year philosophy student debate, completely with insane straw man examples.

Being sure about something does not mean that a person can never be wrong. Your mind blowingly insane argument logically leads to everyone having to prove that aren't murderers. I can only be sure that someone isn't an axe murderer when they show me that they have no bodies dissolving in a bath tub.

I am 100% convinced that there is no such thing as reincarnation. Same way that I'm 100% convinced that there are no such things as ghosts, psychics are liars, and there isn't a monster under the bed trying to eat me. Therefore, I am SURE that there is no such thing as reincarnation.

The potential existence of proof is not the same as actual existence of proof.

This has become ludicrous semantic jousting.
    Considering the matter, I think our definitions of "being sure" are different. If I said I was sure about something, I'd mean that I've seen proof of what I'm talking about or at least evidence. And in the latter case, if you asked me I'd admit I'm not actually sure.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Past lives, mediums, God, homeopathy, the tooth fairy ...mumbo jumbo!
    Weekender Offender 
    personally i do believe in reincarnation my argument is as follows: Einsteins law states, " energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another."
    everything requires energy ( refer to first grade physics lessons at will ), therefore energy is the very essence of life, so if life is energy and energy cannot be created or destroyed but can change forms then surely reincarnation is entirely plausible as the energy needs to be equally transferred.