Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hi

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I'm new here (though you all probably guessed that but yeah I'm new).

I enjoy Bird watching, and Karate. I also like anything to do with the paranormal and would love to go on a ghost hunt. I'm 22 years old and live in England Essex. I also have a part time job.

I've recently started seeing a counsellor too.

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hi I'm new here (though you all probably guessed that but yeah I'm new).

I enjoy Bird watching, and Karate. I also like anything to do with the paranormal and would love to go on a ghost hunt. I'm 22 years old and live in England Essex. I also have a part time job.

I've recently started seeing a counsellor too.

Welcome to TheSite.org boards TorturedSoul :wave:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks, I joined these boards after looking around the site first. xD
    Hiya :)

I tried Karate a while back, but wasn't really that fond of it / good at it. Have you been doing it long?

ShyBoy
    I've been doing it for about a year and half, I'm a green belt, got my green stripe belt grading coming up soon and am dreading it don't feel ready for it, need to talk my karate instructor about it, I won't have much time to practise and there may be a few classes I have to miss at the moment due to my current home situation.

What colour belt did you get up to ?
    The beginning one, whichever one that is... I didn't go very long at all haha. Maybe it was just where I went, but instead of being fun / chilled, it was very regimented with everyone facing the front, and doing everything perfectly in sync as the sensei barks orders in Japanese or whatever. Not to say the people weren't pleasant, just I think I'd have more fun doing something more 'pick up' and less formalised. Maybe boxercise? Lol.

What's the current home situation, if you don't mind me asking?
    Welcome!:wave:

Nina x
    Ah the first belt is white, then yellow, then orange , then green.

The home situation is difficult to say the least, dad's just out of hospital and is recovering from surgery, he's damaged the tendons in his heel and is in plaster for the next 12-13 weeks and I am having to care for him which has meant for the past two days or so I've been rushed off my feet caring for him and giving up any social life I did have which wasn't much of one as it was. But now with it being me having to go back to work since the school break is over , karate is also starting again and mums going away end of September leaving me to care for dad by myself. So I don't know how often I will be able to attend my weekly karate classes, as I usually go twice a week. But I'm hoping if I explain my situation to my karate instructor he will understand.
    Welcome to the boards :wave:

The home situation is difficult to say the least, dad's just out of hospital and is recovering from surgery, he's damaged the tendons in his heel and is in plaster for the next 12-13 weeks and I am having to care for him which has meant for the past two days or so I've been rushed off my feet caring for him and giving up any social life I did have which wasn't much of one as it was. But now with it being me having to go back to work since the school break is over , karate is also starting again and mums going away end of September leaving me to care for dad by myself. So I don't know how often I will be able to attend my weekly karate classes, as I usually go twice a week. But I'm hoping if I explain my situation to my karate instructor he will understand.

That sounds really tough with your dad, I hope he's up and running soon! *hug* Where are you at school? Uni? College?

I'm sure your Karate instructor will understand that family comes first :)

That sounds really tough with your dad, I hope he's up and running soon! *hug* Where are you at school? Uni? College?

I'm sure your Karate instructor will understand that family comes first :)
    I work part time in a pre-school and start work again next week, I also help my friend with her college work too. I'm considering going back to college to study another course though, Hopefully my instructor will understand he has understood in the past when my dads been away on buisness and mums been to drunk to pick me up from class. what about you ?
    I am very boring and work a job 9-5, finished University last year.

The work isn't too bad though. Fairly varied, with lots of room for growth. Possibly not as supportive as I'd like, but I don't think you can have everything.

My sister has just enrolled for a course after leaving school a couple of years ago - definitely look into it! There are a lot of funding options available and continuing learning is always great just for fun / enrichment, not just the new career opportunities.
    Welcome to the boards :wave: