Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pumps/flats

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys! Struggling to find a pair of pumps that I like and are of good quality, so thought I'd ask you guys if you've seen any cool ones.

I had a brief look in schuh and really like the quality of rocket dog, but I can't find any in a good colour. I would prefer purple, though am flexible with bright colours, and love unusual patterns.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try Debenhams (and their sales)..if not there, ASOS. Very decent and good prices :D
    Not sure if you're wanting patterned or just plain purple... but there's a couple here http://www.treds.co.uk/category/ladies-footwear/shoe/1#qsearch=any&type=category&route=ajax_filter&parent_slug=ladies-footwear&slug=shoe&subcat=4098&colour=50
    Might be worth having a look through other colours on the tReds wesite, they do some really nice shoes, loads of different brands as well so big variety in style :)
    Ooooh I like this thread!

I broke my leg (did I mention that?) and can't wear heels and all my pretty / work shoes are heels. Where can I get good-quality, supportive, smart shoes? All my most comfy shoes are trainers.

I love the ones B-A posted but they don't look very supportive.
    I don't think you did mention you broke your leg, no ;)
    Maybe a pair (well... a shoe..) like this http://www.treds.co.uk/product/ladies_footwear_shoe/blink/shirin_black/36848/ ? I have a pair and they are very good, I used to wear them to school and it's about a half hour walk there and my feet never hurt or anything. You can get them in most shops, so you could always go and try some on before buying :)
    Cheers, B-A. I'm actually in two shoes now. Yay! I used to have a lovely M&S pair but they cut the left one off to fix me.
    oohh two shoes is good! I had to wear a hideous hospital sandal thing the whole time I had a broken leg :mad: I hope you find some good shoes!!
    Well officially it's not broken any more, I'm just starting physio and they said to keep off heels.

Back on topic, Roo, there are some cute flats on the M&S website.
    Thanks for some good ideas ladies, i am looking through those links.

I have, however, discovered these, which are perfect...I'm just convinced I can't spend that much on one pair of shoes... http://www.desigual.com/en_US/shoes/ballerinas/prod-sully-21BS147
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    Thanks for some good ideas ladies, i am looking through those links.

I have, however, discovered these, which are perfect...I'm just convinced I can't spend that much on one pair of shoes... http://www.desigual.com/en_US/shoes/ballerinas/prod-sully-21BS147

I absolutely love those!!!! They are definitely worth the money :D You should treat yourself!!
    Hehe...well I bought a coat from them which I'm waiting on delivery...and then bought these in Brighton because I fell in love...http://www.irregularchoice.com/shop/search/product/3539/poetic-licence-backlash.html?offset=3...so I've got over my fear of spending money on shoes!
    I used to avoid spending money on shoes. Then I bought a pair in the LK Bennet sale and it was an eye opener.

I tend to wear pretty Clarks shoes to work (yeah, I previously didn't believe such a thing existed either) which aren't flat but are very comfortable.

For funky, different flats (although too chunky to be pumps) check out Schoon if you've got one near by. I have some awesome purple things with misamatched stitching patterns on them. It's some foreign brand with really chunky brownish soles and a green frog thing in the logo.

(really helpful, I know).
    I shouldn't have clicked this thread, i'm now on the irregular choice website and i want so many shoes :(
    Rocket Dog! They have pumps in about every different colour and pattern imaginable, and are of reasonable quality and price. I wore mine to school every day for two years and they didn't start breaking until towards the end.